Factorissimo 2 - notnotmelon fork 🍴

A fork of Factorissimo 2 focused on improving performance by implementing several 1.1 features. Can improve performance by 10X or higher. Also fixes several bugs from the original version.

Content
1 year, 3 months ago
Logistics

i [added] Blueprint saving the contents of the factory

1 year, 5 months ago

Hey there, first of all, thank you so much for the mod!!

I was wondering if it is possible to enhance this mod so that a blueprint created of a factory also saves it's contents.
Maybe in a way that the robots place the factory building, and inside the building, the blueprint of the inside is positioned.
You would still need to enter the factory and let it build, but it would make copy pasting factories so much easier!

1 year, 5 months ago

Added!

1 year, 5 months ago

Oh my God! I love you!! Thanks!!

1 year, 4 months ago
(updated 1 year, 4 months ago)

This is a really cool feature, but it seems to have broken the ability to save blueprints of fresh factories - whenever I use a blueprint of a factory, it only wants an already-used factory, which means I have to manually place all my factories now. Is there a happy medium between the two ideas that can be implemented?

As-is, the mod seems to be asking for a used factory and not necessarily a specific factory's blueprint, though I could be wrong about that.

1 year, 4 months ago

It seems a little buggy.

I made a blueprint book with some factories, and then when I tried to use them in another save the interior of the factory was the interior of a different factory, or empty, or a random bit of a different blueprint in the book.

1 year, 4 months ago

It seems a little buggy.

I made a blueprint book with some factories, and then when I tried to use them in another save the interior of the factory was the interior of a different factory, or empty, or a random bit of a different blueprint in the book.

Factory blueprints do not support being moved to different save files or with blueprint strings. It is only guaranteed to work in the save that you created the BP from.

This is because the blueprint save data is stored as a bounding box, instead of a detailed list of entities.

Blueprints in factorio have limited mod support, so this workaround was the most reliable option.

1 year, 4 months ago

Makes sense.

Shame about the limitation.

1 year, 2 months ago
(updated 1 year, 2 months ago)

trying to reproduce it:
1) installed mods for editor + factorissimo2 fork, prepared personal roboport + robots in inventory and etc...
2) saved the game
3) removed all other mods, keep factorissimo2 only enabled.
4) load the game without mods sync
5) trying to create blueprint from factory1 with belts inside and outside, and place it somewhere.
Result:
6) it just place belts outside and factory1 as ghost. Robots built belts outside only, and DO NOT place even empty factory1 here.
7) Trying same (create blueprint and place) over already created factory1 entity (shift + click for blueprint to overwrite settings for entities) β€” it does not place ghosts inside the factory.

Could you provide some example video/step-by-step instructions to reproduce β€” how to use it: factorissimo2 fork + blueprints feature?

EDIT: check on this save: https://ufile.io/sj30ymoi (active 30 days)

1 year, 10 days ago

Could you provide some example video/step-by-step instructions to reproduce β€” how to use it: factorissimo2 fork + blueprints feature?

Same problem here.

New response