Factorissimo 2 - notnotmelon fork 🍴

A fork of Factorissimo 2 focused on improving performance by implementing several 1.1 features. Can improve performance by 10X or higher. Also fixes several bugs from the original version.

Content
1 year, 4 months ago
Logistics

b Bugged empty factories when filled one is picked up

1 year, 8 months ago
(updated 1 year, 8 months ago)

Mod version: [1.1.20] Hello there! Encountered a bug when picking up factory buildings: i had several factory buildings mk1 in my inventory and also several placed and filled with machinery. When i picked up one of the filled factories, to adjust its placement, upon finding it in inventory and placing it down again, one of my empty buildings suddenly "inherited" same tag (was tagged with a Iron Gear icon) as if it was filled with same machinery. When i tried placing that "inherited factory building - i got a message "Invalid factory data". Placement sound was produced, factory was consumed, but nothing spawned.

I have no idea if it can be a result of mods (i use quite a lot). Sorry about mod version not being in thread title, read it too late :(

Reproduction steps:
1) Make some factory buildings
2) Place one down
3) Enter and fill it with assemblers
4) Use the combinator to choose an overlay icon
5) Exit the building and pick it up
6) Place that building back down
7) Check if one of empty buildings in inventory got corrupted (corrupted one will have your chose item icon in its description) and try placing it down.

I hope that helps, i am not sure what else should i provide to fix that thing.

1 year, 8 months ago

Yeah, unfortunately in my game the mod is unusable, factory data keeps getting corrupted when i pick them up. If its a mod incompatibility its a rather severe one.

1 year, 8 months ago

Ah, sorry for the late response

I'll take a look at this later today. It's likely a mod incompatibility because I've used this mod in singleplayer for a while with no issues.
If you have a savefile or modlist it would be helpful.

1 year, 8 months ago

No worries, thanks for responding. I have a rather large modlist (i think about 89 mods? xD). So i have zero idea what could mess with Factorissimo so much, but not having the factories sure hurts in K2-SE run...

Here s a link to my modlist: https://pastebin.com/219zG1rw
Here s a link to my savefile: https://dropmefiles.com/KqLg8

Please let me know if i can provide anything else to pinpoint the problem.

1 year, 8 months ago
(updated 1 year, 8 months ago)

Hey, I was actually able to pinpoint the mod that borks the factories! Unfortunately it was a rather useful one, called Placeables: https://mods.factorio.com/mod/Placeables I was able to reproduce the bug with just your mod and Placeables enabled, so its definitely that.

Adds a very convenient small window with all the placeable items which serves as alternative to browsing your inventory when your hot bar is not enough. I hope that helps and you ll be able to resolve it.

1 year, 6 months ago

After some investigating, I was able to reproduce this error
however
This is a bug with the placeables mod, there's nothing I can do to fix it on my side.

1 year, 6 months ago

Understood, thanks for looking into it.

1 year, 6 months ago

I'm having this issue as well and don't have the Placeables mod. Is there some general mechanism that caused this in the Placeables mod that might also happen in other mods? I'm guessing maybe something that manipulates inventory?

1 year, 5 months ago

Any other mod that disregards item tags would create this issue

In fact, if a mod is clearing tags, it's possible to dupe with that mod since it will also reset science pack durability.

New response