ERM - Zerg / Garm Brood

by heyqule

Add zerg as new enemy force. HD graphic addon available.

Content
4 months ago
Enemies

i IMHO)

2 years ago

Cool mods, but I have a feeling that buildings and units need to be increased in size(1.3x-1.5x)) And yet, it seems to me that the black outlines of buildings and units spoil the whole "fit" into the Factorio environment)
P.S. Thanks for the mods

2 years ago

lol ya. The black border may spoil the fit. It's the artifact from the graphic export/import process. It would take too much time to properly clean it up.

All units and buildings have already increased 1.5x to 2x from its original image size. I tried to match the size of biter spawner, so that I don't have to tweak the world generator or other aspects of the base game.

They would also look a lot more pixelated than what it is now if I try to increase it again. That would make it look worse imo. These graphics are not scalable, like original biters.

2 years ago

Two things.
Run in to immortal zergling today.
Any chance this upgrades to sc remaster textures?

2 years ago

"Run in to immortal zergling today." - hm... It's probably a higher level biters that escaped the clean up procedure. I'll take a look for next update.

"sc remaster textures" - nope, I don't have the tool for it.

2 years ago

Do you need a save file or something?

2 years ago

nope. I have rarely seen it before. The newest update added some optimizations of map generation. That seems fixed it (fingercross).

If they still appears, there is a biter nuke button in the GUI to remove them. It nukes 32 tiles around the player.

2 years ago

Awesome, thanks

2 years ago

Remastered graphics at 0.5 scale matches Factorio. The scale comparison can be done by scaling a Terran Civilian to the same height as the Factorio character, and I came up with 1 Starcraft tile = 2x2 Factorio tiles. A creep colony would be the size of 2x2 Factorio turrets, which seems very large but this is the proper perspective when everything is scaled around the Terran Civilian = Character.

I wrote a tool for converting SC:R graphics into proper Factorio sheets including teamcolor mask, glow/light overlays(these look amazing in Factorio at night!), and generating new Factorio-oriented shadows because Starcraft's shadows are facing the wrong direction. You can try using it (WIP) here: https://github.com/heinermann/factorio-starcraft-assettool (requires purchased Starcraft: Remastered installation). However I don't know that Blizzard will be happy with their assets in the Factorio mod database (which is why I'm excluding the assets from my WIP mod and users will have to run the tool to set it up).

This is for a mod that I am working on where I want a perfect 1:1 behavioural recreation of Starcraft in Factorio. It may take several months for me to finish because Factorio doesn't support a lot of things I will have to fake (like cloaking, differing ground/air weapons, animation states, among others), and I will have to write my own unit pathing, order processing, and behaviour code using decompiled Starcraft code.

2 years ago

"However I don't know that Blizzard will be happy with their assets in the Factorio mod database"

I'm sure they are not lol. SC1 with old graphic is free to play. I just hope they let this fly. On the other hand, remaster version is behind a paywall. I definitely won't use that in mods.

p.s. great work on that tool.

5 months ago

So Heinermann, how is your StarCraft mod going?

New response