Electric Trains

The most advanced electric train mod out there! This mod adds balanced, UPS friendly and futuristic themed MAGLEV trains. This mod is meant to feel like an end-game extension to vanilla, and the new item recipes are balanced as such. These trains have a 20% increase in top speed, acceleration and capacity (mod configurable). There are more researches, items, sounds, recipes and logistical challenges and trade-offs to explore. Enjoy!

Content
5 months ago
Transportation Logistics Trains

i [RELEASED] Alkaline PowerPacks

5 months ago

Another suggestion from Violet_Scarelli.

I am in the process of planning this feature which will add a cheap, non-reusable, and low-performance method to power electric locomotives. These PowerPacks I think will be destroyed when used up, reduce acceleration and top speed by 20% but last a decent amount of time.

I think this will strike a nice balance between the reward of solving the challenges of the more advanced PowerPacks, and the ease of use for an earlier game adoption.

The original suggestion mentions refurbishment, but since this energy source is not reusable, I’m not sure we should worry about this.

Let me know what you would like to see in this feature, and I intend to start working on this by the end of Jan24

5 months ago
(updated 5 months ago)

This (adapted, but mostly identical) feature will be released in v0.2.7 :)

5 months ago

Maybe you could have the used powerpack, where you could dismount to have a probability to return some iron/steel/copper?
So you still need to remove the powerpack from the locomotive instead of just disappear.

5 months ago

Maybe you could have the used powerpack, where you could dismount to have a probability to return some iron/steel/copper?
So you still need to remove the powerpack from the locomotive instead of just disappear.

My intention for these items are to be easy to deal with, and essentially work like any other fuel source in the base game. The lack of performance is the trade off of easy logistics, and anyone up for the challenge of removing and recharging can do so and be rewarded with better train performance.

I like the idea in a SE context where everything kinda gets recycled, but not for the larger purpose of this mod

New response