Dynamic Custom Start

Generates an Item Vault at the start of the game where starting items can be selected based on the specified settings values. Note: This is designed to give a jump start of selected items (regardless of mods installed), once the item vault window is closed it can never be opened again.

Tweaks
5 months ago
Cheats

i suggestion

5 months ago

Can you add opdion for hide all "hidden" and fluid item, and in filter search in different languages

5 months ago

Do you mind telling me any mod configuration you had (big mods or otherwise). I tested with some of the biggest mod combinations I could find (Pyandon, Heavily Modded Modpack etc...) and I never saw listed fluid items though I could've missed it. As for the language, I will do some tests with another language selected, the implementation should be based on language returned by what is defined in Factorio itself, but I could've mucked it up.

5 months ago

I have SE and other small mods installed, but why i can see infinite chest, sulphuric acid

5 months ago
(updated 5 months ago)

I have done some testing and looked at solutions. I'm still exploring this but it seems beyond my capacity. Factorio automatically localizes GUI elements that my mod interfaces with. But the API (to my knowledge) does not provide a way to directly convert a specific variation of a localised string to a regular string that I can run filtering on. The filter happens on the internal localised string that factorio returns.

For example: In english my default state of running the game if I want to print to the console the item name it will give me the internal name like fast-splitter. If I ask for the localized data, I'll essentially get the raw local flag entity name and the engine handles it's translation string. As such, if I run some simple print operation for the selected item in my mod's gui I'll get this in both english or spanish clients.

game.print("name: " .. item_prototype.name)
game.print("localised_name: " .. serpent.block(item_prototype.localised_name))

returns

name: fast-splitter
localised_name: { "entity-name:fast-splitter" }

Somewhere outside the Factorio API the engine handles the translation as far as I can tell and I can't filter against data I can't manipulate. It may be possible for me to manually translate LocalisedString, but that would be complex. I could also be wrong, my skill with LUA is limited and my comprehension of the Factorio API is even less-so. But I will investigate further.

With relation to SE, I don't exclude anything that is counted as an item, you'll see ruins and other things in there. Partly because there isn't much distinction in the API to my awareness. My mod should only pull any item (base or mod) added that can be placed into inventory. Even if the mod does not intend those to be placed in the inventory. And unless I create custom filters for various mods of item entities to exclude which is far beyond the scope of what I wanted in the first place, I don't know how I would distinguish between an item intended for use and some other items.

5 months ago

This mod works with other languages and in the filtering you can enter what you need in your language
https://mods.factorio.com/mod/RecipeBook

and here you have calling up the filter window from the base game
https://mods.factorio.com/mod/FactorySearch

5 months ago

Thanks for letting me know it has language support. I was going to look into FNEI, but I'll check RecipeBook. As I said, LUA is not something I have a lot of experience / skill with. I know other languages so I can meander through. I'll review this knowing it has filtering that has localized language support and see what I might have misunderstood via my work with the API.

5 months ago

to hide items types "hidden" look on this mod
https://mods.factorio.com/mod/EditorExtensions

EditorExtensions_2.1.5\scripts\aggregate-chest.lua
line 25, i think

5 months ago

I have referenced the editor extensions mod, and added a setting to show hidden items. Note that all settings for my mod are Startup settings, because the item value gui only generates at player creation once so map or player based settings wouldn't have any effect on it. Part of this is related to the purpose of the mod itself and the Factorio api. So it is an inconvenience if you realize an item you might have expected to see was marked hidden for some reason by mod author and need to restart entirely to expose it, but that is the only way it will work with this specific mod and I don't plan on changing that since it's purpose is for customizing your start items.

I will still look at the localization issue in greater detail when I have more time as I want to ensure the mod works as intended for any language. I also want to explore ways to improve the performance of the filtering. Thanks for the feedback and suggestions to explore those areas.

5 months ago

Nice, thx for update. I'll be waiting for next updates, and new features.

New response