Project Cybersyn - Logistics Train Dispatcher

Creates a feature-rich train logistics network through cybernetic combinators. With just this mod you can coordinate the economic inputs and outputs of your entire megabase.

Content
7 months ago
Logistics Trains Circuit network

b Return to depot should go by name, not by coordinates

4 months ago

I have a depot with 10 stations. All stations share the same name. When a train routes back to the depot, the train will stay on the mainline until the exact station it wanted to navigate to is free, causing congestion on the mainline. This is due to the two stops to return to depot: once to exact coordinates, then to a station with name "Depot".

Is there a setting to disable "Route to coordinates" when returning to the depot? Alternatively, if Cybersyn could route to the nearest chain signal, the problem could also be avoided, but that might be more difficult.

Is a picture worth a thousand words? https://drive.google.com/file/d/1mLsA085x4xnnAKi7gR8tWLI-wavS0Wda/view?usp=drive_link

On this screenshot, there are chain signals everywhere until the single rail signal when arriving at the station. The station is currently occupied, so the train sits on the mainline, blocking traffic.

Any help appreciated!

4 months ago
(updated 4 months ago)

Do you have a train limit set for your depots? Cybersyn uses vanilla train limits when planning routes, so if you set a train limit of 1 at each station in your depot, this issue shouldn't occur. My depot has 10 stations each with a train limit of 1, and I've never run into this issue. I use a train limit of 1 at my provider and requester stations too so none of my trains block the main line.

4 months ago

Uncheck the "require same depot" option in your depot combinator. It's checked by default.

4 months ago
(updated 4 months ago)

Uncheck the "require same depot" option in your depot combinator. It's checked by default.

Oh good point. I didn't even think of that cuz I built off of one of the blueprints in the official blueprint book.

New response