Project Cybersyn - Logistics Train Dispatcher

Creates a feature-rich train logistics network through cybernetic combinators. With just this mod you can coordinate the economic inputs and outputs of your entire megabase.

Content
7 months ago
Logistics Trains Circuit network

b Newly built requesters don't come first in round robin order

1 year, 1 month ago

If you have:
- a requester station requesting 100K lubricant with a threshold of 25K
- a provider station offering 20K lubricant
then as expected no delivery is created yet.

If you then construct a new requester station requesting 10K lubricant with a threshold of 2K, then no delivery is created either. Increasing the priority of the new station to 1 causes the delivery to happen immediately.

I understand that requesters of equal priority are prioritised according to least-recently-delivered-to to get round-robin behaviour per the mod description and I agree that is desirable, but should a newly created station be considered least-recent (since it's never had a delivery at all?)

I'm not sure whether I consider this a bug or not but it was surprising and caused me some lengthy debugging to try to work out why a delivery wasn't occurring as I overlooked the existing station requesting a larger, currently-unsatisfiable amount, so it might be worth changing?

1 year, 1 month ago

Hm, after experimenting with this a bit more it looks like the behaviour might be a bit different than I assumed from the description.

Is the actual behaviour that there's basically just a queue of requesters that are waiting for a given resource, and whenever they get a delivery they go to the back of the queue if they still need more?

If so then that totally explains the behaviour of a newly-built station; it's just not how I interpreted "the least recently used requester station will be prioritized". Maybe it would be clearer to say "the requester station that has been waiting the longest will be prioritized"?

New response