Creative Mod

by jodli

Based on the old Creative Mode mod created by Y.Petremann, then patched by Pac0master, and also the Test Mode mod created by rk84. By enabling Creative Mode in the game, you can access objects that can generate unlimited items, fluid or energy, or nullify them. Perfect for testing purpose or making initial setup for games. Quick patch for 0.16 until an official release - everything should work now. Quick patch for 0.17 until an official release - if ever...

Content
3 months ago
0.17 - 1.1
Cheats

b Various Bugs

3 years ago

I've noticed a few bugs while using this mod.

• When loading into a game where the creative tools' recipes where enabled previously enabled, the recipes do not show up but the switch in creative mod's ui is still in the on position. The creative tools must be disabled and then enabled to work again.
  • When done placing a creative item, the item disappears from my inventory even if I have multiples. This also happens even if I put a creative item into my hand and put it back into my inventory with out using it.
  • creative items are unable to be placed on the quickbar. When selecting an item to place on the quickbar using the item selector ui (middle mouse button), the creative tools tab is empty except for Energy absorption icon (red electricity icon).

Thank you.

3 years ago

also the mod uses a lot of time. With the mod permanently disabled the mod still uses ~0.3 ms and with the mod enabled it uses ~2 ms. Every other mod I have installed uses less than 0.150 ms.

3 years ago
(updated 3 years ago)

Bugs #2 and #3 actually seem to be caused by an interaction with the shortcuts mod. With it disabled #2 and #3 go away. Discussion thread for shortcuts

3 years ago

My mod tries to changes the flag of the three wand items by doing this:

if item.flags then
table.insert(item.flags, "only-in-cursor")
else
item.flags = {"only-in-cursor"}
end

This results in changing the local table flags_quickbar instead, however. Which means all items that have flags= flags_quickbar now have that flag. I created a pull request that should fix this issue.

3 years ago

that fixed it for me, thanks!

3 years ago

2 and #3 should be fixed in 1.6.1

The performance is on top of my priority list, but I guess it will take quite some time. Let's see how it goes! :)

3 years ago

When you add anything in this mod, it freezes what you use and enemies never attack. Add infinite steam to steam generator it never works again as a example, etc. etc.

3 years ago

Everything coming from the Fluid source has its default temperature. You have to route the steam through a Super boiler in order to get it to its maximum temperature.

New response