Crafting Combinator Xeraph's Fork

by Xeraph

Includes combinators that allow you to set or read the recipe of any crafting machine, get ingredients or products of a recipe and more!

Content
1 year, 2 months ago
Circuit network Manufacturing

i Scale input buffer size to signal count

a month ago
(updated a month ago)

When I build a nuclear reactor via crafting combinator I really only want 1 recipe worth of ingredients to be put into the assembler. On the other hand when I build 1000 iron gear wheels then I need to put at least 10 recipes worth into it to keep it running.

So there is no good option to set the input buffer size. Why not scale the input buffer size with the signal strength for the recipe? Especially with the "sticky" feature. Or at least the given value for the buffer size should be an upper limit.

I tell the crafting combinator exactly how many cycles of the recipe I want so when I tell it 1 nuclear reactor it should not put more than 1 cycles worth of ingredients into the assembler. It shouldn't even put anything in when the assembler is running. On the other hand if I tell it 1000 iron gear wheels it would be good to limit the amount.

I would like an option for the "sticky" feature to use the exact recipe count as input buffer limited to the input buffer size at the top.

Side Note: The vanilla game uses the ingredient count * recipe time * machine speed at various places (like copy&paste from assembler to requester chest). Imho this would be a better input buffer limit. Put in enough items for the assembler to run till the next time it puts in items.

New response