Crafting Combinator Xeraph's Fork

by Xeraph

Includes combinators that allow you to set or read the recipe of any crafting machine, get ingredients or products of a recipe and more!

Content
1 year, 2 months ago
Circuit network Manufacturing

b [fixed in 0.4.0] Crash When playing with py mods

1 year, 2 months ago

4.380 Loading mod crafting_combinator_xeraph 0.3.5 (data-final-fixes.lua)
4.418 Error ModManager.cpp:1560: Failed to load mod "crafting_combinator_xeraph": rusty-locale/recipes.lua:8: attempt to index local 'product' (a nil value)
stack traceback:
rusty-locale/recipes.lua:8: in function <rusty-locale/recipes.lua:4>
(...tail calls...)
rusty-locale/locale.lua:62: in function 'f'
rusty-locale/util.lua:10: in function 'index'
__rusty-locale
/locale.lua:66: in function 'f'
rusty-locale/util.lua:10: in function 'index'
__crafting_combinator_xeraph
/data-final-fixes.lua:151: in function 'make_signal_for_recipe'
crafting_combinator_xeraph/data-final-fixes.lua:165: in function 'process_recipe'
crafting_combinator_xeraph/data-final-fixes.lua:196: in main chunk
4.419 Loading mod core 0.0.0 (data.lua)
4.632 Checksum for core: 3744854889
4.666 Error ModManager.cpp:1560: Error in assignID: recipe-category with name 'crafting' does not exist.

1 year, 2 months ago

solntcev posted a pull request to fix the mod library Rusty's Locale Utilities that is causing the problem. But I don't think that the developer is active to update it.
https://github.com/theRustyKnife/rusty-locale/pull/6/files

1 year, 2 months ago

I agree. That does fix the problem.

1 year, 2 months ago

hi there thanks for the reports, guess I will have to fork/incorporate the locale library to fix this.

on the other hand, this error can be avoided if they (PyAL probably?) avoid creating this gap while manipulating the recipe.results table - which is important for compatibility with other mods too.

1 year, 2 months ago

hi there thanks for the reports, guess I will have to fork/incorporate the locale library to fix this.

on the other hand, this error can be avoided if they (PyAL probably?) avoid creating this gap while manipulating the recipe.results table - which is important for compatibility with other mods too.

I agree. But, I think its better answered by someone from PyAL team. You can reach them here https://github.com/pyanodon/pybugreports/issues

1 year, 2 months ago

It seems they made some changes to the mod to fix the crash. I will check the updates they made. So, if it didnt crash, it should be all good.

1 year, 2 months ago

Tested it. The fixed the code on their side. you do not have to fork it now. thanks for response

1 year, 2 months ago
(updated 1 year, 2 months ago)

I tried forking the locale library and fix it for any possible future mishandling - but I am unable to load PyAL (2.0.9). I know this sounds funny but am I missing anything? The game failed to load even with only PyAL (and its dependencies) enabled.

Script @pypostprocessing/cached-configs/run.lua:15: WARNING: pypostprocessing could not find technology with name "vatbrain"
Error ModManager.cpp:1560: Error in assignID: technology with name 'vatbrain' does not exist.

Source: growth-hormone (technology).

Just wanted to confirm whether my forked version of locale library fixed the issue.

EDIT: Nevermind, apparently PyAL's depedencies list isn't complete, added PyAE and the game loaded. Will publish my rusty-locale fork together with the next version of Crafting Combinator.

EDIT 2: Should be fixed in 0.4.0

New response