Compact circuits

Miniaturize a whole logic network into a single entity to save place (similar to factorissimo but for signals).

Content
a month ago
Circuit network

i Feature: change how you enter edit mode - little simple but very usefull!

9 months ago

Don't enter edit mode on click (on open).
Instead open GUI of the CompaktProcessor even if it's empty yet (i.e. where parameters of Compact circuit are set).

In that GUI to the right of "Save" and "Autosave" create a button "Edit"

[b]Why[/b]
- All factorio entities are edited this way. So its very inconsistent and annoying that instead of setting parameters you immediatly fall into editor
- When you've already made internal layout and start using it everywhere you have to open parameters windom much more often than editing
- If you don't like changing it for yourself or all - could you make a setting please?

9 months ago
(updated 9 months ago)

Don't enter edit mode on click (on open).
Instead open GUI of the CompaktProcessor even if it's empty yet (i.e. where parameters of Compact circuit are set).

In that GUI to the right of "Save" and "Autosave" create a button "Edit"

[b]Why[/b]
- All factorio entities are edited this way. So its very inconsistent and annoying that instead of setting parameters you immediatly fall into editor
- When you've already made internal layout and start using it everywhere you have to open parameters windom much more often than editing
- If you don't like changing it for yourself or all - could you make a setting please?

Actually, both are customizable hotkeys, so you can change them. I personally swap them so Click is "Open Parameters" and Ctlr+Click is "Open editor".

However, I agree that them should be swapped.

8 months ago
(updated 8 months ago)

Actually, both are customizable hotkeys, so you can change them. I personally swap them so Click is "Open Parameters" and Ctlr+Click is "Open editor".

O.O ... What?! How?! aaah.... indeed, it is. Thanks a lot!!! .. So I suffered in vian?..

8 months ago
(updated 8 months ago)

Thanks for your help. Hares. I agree that switching the command would be a good thing, but i dont want to bother disorientate existing user.

3 months ago

Sorry to necropost here, but I just wanted to point out that changing the default value of a setting shouldn't change anything for existing users.
And given the bad discoverability of modded hotkeys, it would probably benefit quite a few new users (like me who only learned about this via this thread).
If you're worried about people not finding a way to enter the editor anymore, maybe just add a button to the regular popup?

New response