Tungsten

by brevven

Adds tungsten ore (wolframite), tungsten plates, tungsten carbide and rocket engine nozzles to the base game. Available after green science, tungsten and the various intermediates are used throughout the vanilla game. Compatible with RSO, Space Exploration and Krastorio 2, and several other mods. Part of BZ Mods.

Content
a month ago
Mining Manufacturing

i [DONE] AAI Industry support?

2 years ago

AAI Industry has the advanced furnace, which is an assembler type entity with furnace class recipes. I think you can enable the carbon based recipes for it, the same as you do in K2.

On another note, I looked at your util functions, and I noticed that your add_ingredient function doesn't check if the ingredient already exists in the recipe. At the moment you're only adding your own items, so it should be fine, but it can end up biting you in the backside one day.

2 years ago

Thanks for the suggestion. If AAI is enabled without K2, I've added a version of Tungsten Carbide recipe that uses coal, that can be used in the AAI furnace.

And, thanks for the warning on the util functions. :)

2 years ago
(updated 2 years ago)

Also the Industrial furnace (Advance Furnace is from K2) doesn't have any tungsten plates in its recipe unlike the electric furnace and the K2 advance furnace. Also the thermodynamics facility does smelting in SE.

Also @Mernom I found out that yes that does result in a crash on start if that happens with brevven added lead to the K2 heavy machinegun mod was I also added.

2 years ago

I'll add those checks to my util functions sometime soon. Going to add to all mods at the same time.

I hadn't added tungsten to the Industrial furnace or the Thermodynamics facility because they required an electric furnace ingredient already, so I figured it was accounted for. The K2 advanced furnace does not require an electric furnace so I added the tungsten requirement.

New response