Silica & Silicon

by brevven

Adds simple Silica and Silicon to the game, along with basic fiber optics. Compatible with Krastorio 2, Space Exploration, Bio Industries, and other mods. A standalone piece of BZ Mods With graphics by snouz.

Content
3 months ago
1.0 - 1.1
Manufacturing

g Quartz to Silicon with vulcanite block

3 years ago

After checking the recipes the quartz with vulcanite block crates silicon not silica. Might want to fix that.

Also this slight nick pick but with K2 their silicon graphic should be used.

3 years ago

Also I think the concrete recipe isn't correct for AAI. I think you were trying to replace the sand with Silica but the recipe shows only iron stick + sand +water. Also the game doesn't load if is K2+AAI only say its trying to load sand as a ingredient twice.

3 years ago

Thanks!

Fixed the vulcanite smelting fo SE+K2, added vulcanite smelting for SE alone.

Will look into other issues.

I'll probably update to use K2 silicon graphic at some point :)

3 years ago

Ok. I fixed the K2+AAI thing. I think the concrete recipes look OK but I'll give another once over.

3 years ago

Thank I was also fixing the issue on my end. I replaced the sand with Silica which work so I got the recipe at iron stick + Silica + brick + water as with K2 quartz needs sand not bricks and I wanted to maintain the brick -> concrete -> refined concrete -> Reinforced progression. As a note the concrete changes are purely the result of AAI industries not Space Exploration. I figured that out when dealing with dectorio's concrete grid recipe.

3 years ago

... I got the recipe at iron stick + Silica + brick + water as with K2 quartz needs sand not bricks and I wanted to maintain the brick -> concrete -> refined concrete

Ok that makes sense. I was explicitly removing the stone brick. I'll think on this recipe a bit.

3 years ago

Ok. So I think you're right. Stone brick should remain in the production train for concrete. So, what I will do, is, in non-K2, I will add silica (and this involves stone brick, so works for AAI or SE+AAI in the progression). If K2 is present, then I will simply add silica to the recipe in a smaller amount. I think if K2 is present and AAI is not present, I will also add sand.

This seems the best way to achieve:
1. in all of the (supported) cases where sand is present, it's part of concrete
2. silica is part of concrete
3. Stone brick remains in the path to concrete, either as a precursor to silica, or directly.

I'll make these updates shortly

3 years ago

Looking good so far but you might might want to look at this. I took it after the update.

https://imgur.com/pxdbCiQ

3 years ago

Getting back to the Silica Vulcanite recipe is the amount of Silicon for 18 silica and one vulcanite block 6 silicon.

3 years ago

Is there something unbalanced or broken about that Silica+Vulcanite Block recipe?

3 years ago

I think there is right now the basic K2+SE Silica gives 3 silicon per 18 silica + 1 coke while the 18 silica + 1 vulcanite block recipe gives 18 silicon. Looking at the code it suggests the later recipe gives only 6 Silicon.

https://imgur.com/O5Sdu5F

3 years ago

Sorry, been a busy week. I've fixed that recipe, should now make 6 silicon. Thank you once again for the report.

3 years ago

Ok also updated to use K2 Silicon graphic when K2 is enabled.

3 years ago

That has fixed the recipe with K2+SE I couldn't figure out how to fix that one.

New response