Lead

by brevven

Adds lead ore and plates to the base game as an early game resource. Lead is used in ammunition, pipes, batteries and a few other places. Compatible with RSO, Krastorio 2, Space Exploration and other mods. A standalone piece of BZ Mods. With graphics by snouz.

Content
4 months ago
Mining Manufacturing

b Failed to load mod "bzlead

4 months ago

12.336 Loading mod bzlead 1.2.19 (data-updates.lua)
12.343 Error ModManager.cpp:1625: Failed to load mod "bzlead": bzlead/data-util.lua:557: attempt to index field '?' (a nil value)
stack traceback:
bzlead/data-util.lua:557: in function 'add_product'
bzlead/data-util.lua:548: in function 'add_product'
bzlead/lead-recipe-updates.lua:52: in main chunk
[C]: in function 'require'
bzlead/data-updates.lua:1: in main chunk
12.347 Loading mod core 0.0.0 (data.lua)
12.651 Checksum for core: 466641612
12.760 Error ModManager.cpp:1625: Error in assignID: recipe-category with name 'crafting' does not exist.

I have no idea what could be causing this.

4 months ago

Also getting this crash... weird.

4 months ago

Same...

4 months ago

Same

4 months ago

Yes I can confirm this error, looks like in lead-recipe-updates.lua on line 52 after name="lead-ore" you need to add type="item" (so that it looks like {name="lead-ore", type="item", amount=1, probability=0.1} and that will get it to load.

4 months ago
(updated 4 months ago)

Can't fix and reupload, you need to manualy edit the modfile.

4 months ago

Error latest update, help!!!

4 months ago

I found a workaround

In the mod settings for bzlead, there is a setting called "Bypass recipes"

in that string field, input (without the quotation marks) "se-scrap-recycling"

That should allow you to load the mod, until there is a more permanent fix

4 months ago

Yes I can confirm this error, looks like in lead-recipe-updates.lua on line 52 after name="lead-ore" you need to add type="item" (so that it looks like {name="lead-ore", type="item", amount=1, probability=0.1} and that will get it to load.

Made a Pull request based on your suggestion. I tested it and it does seem to work.

https://github.com/brevven/lead/pull/21

4 months ago

Thanks for the reports, and thanks orangedude27 for the fix. I wasn't able to reproduce the error myself, so let me know if it doesn't fix it.

Apologies for this, the code in question was indeed a problem, but had been that way for a couple years, so I'm not sure why it broke with this release. I'll try to check if this could be an issue in other mods. Hopefully not.

4 months ago

Hey Brevven,
in my case Fixed.
Thanks folks :)

4 months ago

Thanks for the reports, and thanks orangedude27 for the fix. I wasn't able to reproduce the error myself, so let me know if it doesn't fix it.

Apologies for this, the code in question was indeed a problem, but had been that way for a couple of years, so I'm not sure why it broke with this release. I'll try to check if this could be an issue in other mods. Hopefully not.

gotta hate those! thanks for the expedient fix!

New response