Natural Gas

by brevven

Adds a natural gas resource, along with early game plastic. Integrates ElAdamo's gas-fired boiler. Compatible with Krastorio 2 and Space Exploration. A standalone piece of BZ Mods.

Content
a month ago
Mining Fluids Manufacturing

g [FIXED] Huge bakelite production required--bug or mod conflict?

1 year, 8 months ago
(updated 1 year, 8 months ago)

Running K2+SE and building my first green circuits subfactory. The amount of bakelite required seems off-the-charts high. To produce a yellow belt of green circuits (900/m), I need 5 AM2s making the circuits, fed by 7.5 AM2s making copper wire, less than half a foundry making solder, and....270 chem plants making bakelite?

(see picture from Factory Planner: https://imgur.com/a/BL8qhPV)

This ratio seems so far off that I'm thinking there must be some bug, mod conflict, or error in Factory Planner. Or is this amount of bakelite demand intended?

Love your mods, thanks for your work on them. Looking forward to zinc, nickel, precious metals, whatever else you have in the pipeline.

Also: I encourage you to include natural gas in the recipe/production chain for nitric acid and fertilizer in K2--would accurately reflect real-world use.

1 year, 8 months ago

Thanks for the report, and the kind words!

Partly a bug, and partly an overly-conservative design choice. The bug was that with SE+K2, the bakelite requirements were based on wood and then getting doubled, and really should have just been 1 bakelite input per green circuit output. Additionally, I had made the energy requirement (i.e. time) for bakelite far too high. I've fixed the bug and reduced the time as well. Things should be FAR more reasonable in SE+K2, and slightly more reasonable in other mod loadouts.

Looking forward to zinc, nickel, precious metals, whatever else you have in the pipeline.

planetfall has created some mods for Nickel and Zinc which look great. I haven't had a chance to play a game with them yet, but they are probably worth checking out.

Also: I encourage you to include natural gas in the recipe/production chain for nitric acid and fertilizer in K2--would accurately reflect real-world use.

Per my understanding, the primary use of natural gas in fertilizer production chain is to produce hydrogen for ammonia. I currently have a recipe for natural gas reforming that covers the two steps (methane reforming + water-gas shift) for producing hydrogen from natural gas. Now, natural gas is also generally burned to drive this reaction, however that's harder to set up in Factorio for a single production chain.

1 year, 8 months ago

Thank you! Recipe looks great now, in line with similar techs in K2/SE.

Had not seen the nat gas--hydrogen recipe. I agree that fits in nicely with fertilizer.

1 year, 8 months ago

One more small issue -- the basic chem plants (which I think come from this mod) can't use the AAA/SE Processed Fuel, unlike other buildings.

1 year, 8 months ago

Thanks! Will be changed in next release.

1 year, 8 months ago

Not sure why, but I still can't fuel basic chem plants with processed fuel. Persists even if I tear up and rebuild the plants. Do I need to start a new game?

1 year, 8 months ago

I did not have to start a new game in order to do so (and you should not need to for an update like this).

Is there a chance that your game in progress synced back to an older version of the mod instead of automatically using the latest?

1 year, 8 months ago

Running v0.0.13 of the mod. See screenshots for details. Maybe I'm missing something?

https://imgur.com/a/yQQMdpE

1 year, 8 months ago

Apologies, with K2 and AAI together it was still broken, fixed now.

1 year, 8 months ago

Thank you! I don't envy all the mod-compatibility work you've taken on.

New response