Blueprint Variables

This adds circuit signals to the game that when blueprinted, provides an interface to quickly apply changes to all circuit conditions. Additionally, it will update named entities, such as train station names.

Utilities
a month ago
Trains Logistic network Circuit network Blueprints

i ❤️ Recipe support?

3 months ago

This is such a great mod, thank you so much for addressing one of the more glaring weaknesses of blueprint mechanics.
I only found out about it just a few minutes ago, after reading last week's FFF.

One question, one suggestion:

• Question: curious as to whether you're intending to add (or if it's even possible to add) variable support for recipes?
    Blatting down a generic blueprint module and setting station names, inserter filters, splitter configs, circuitry is wonderful, but being able to set recipes on assemblers, refineries, chemical plants, centrifuges, etc, at the same time would be the cherry on top.

• Suggestion: a way to define, store, and then quickly assign values to sets of variables when a blueprint is placed.
    For example: instead of placing a blueprint and individually assigning values to variables [a, b, c], perhaps an option to build and store collections of values for [a, b, c] in advance, with a pop-up list or icon bar which presents alongside the current variable list when the blueprint is placed. A single click would then assign these predetermined values to each variable slot - a sort of shorthand or macro, as it were. (Apologies if I've made a mess of that description.)

Thanks again!

3 months ago

Recipe support is on my Todo list.

I've been thinking about adding an entity that lets you configure variables and calculations (similar to what was discussed in the parameterization). This would include configuring descriptions for the calculated variables. In addition, I could add default value collections. I'll keep this in mind if I ever implement the calculated variables feature.

3 months ago
(updated 3 months ago)

Awesome! Thanks for responding.
Looking forward to spending some quality time with this mod.

EDIT: I've found this mod seems to work perfectly well with Blueprint Variables - a few more combinators, a few more wires, hey presto! Problem solved.
https://mods.factorio.com/mod/crafting_combinator_xeraph

3 months ago

❤️

New response