Blueprint Variables

This adds circuit signals to the game that when blueprinted, provides an interface to quickly apply changes to all circuit conditions. Additionally, it will update named entities, such as train station names.

Utilities
a month ago
Trains Logistic network Circuit network Blueprints

b 💀 Calculated variables equal simple Variables now

8 months ago

Looks broken now: it provides only item signals (icons) for "Calculated" variables (cannot set number values), like for simple "Variables" signals.

6 months ago

Can you clarify? It seems to be working for me with a simple Constant Combinator.

6 months ago
(updated 6 months ago)

I mean:
- it does show images (signals)
- but it does not show a count: the slider bar and the text box to input a number.

Example:
- Import this blueprint:

0eNrVVNtqg0AQ/Zd51lDNxVT6JyXIqpNkqO7K7BiaBv+9s9qmQiiFPDUv7s7t7JlzwAuUTY8dkxXIL0CVsx7y1wt4OljThJycO4QcSLCFCKxpQyRsrO8cS1xiIzBEQLbGd8iTYRcBWiEhnJDG4FzYvi2RteE3jAg653XM2fCqQsVptlhHcNbbarNY6xvKTtg1RYlHcyLHobEirnqSQmv1dXpP7KX4YwfHB2Opir1rDMedsdiERTwGqNvhE7H0mrnOX5WLT4bJlA3GSaw3ObYoipvASLntDBsJZOFlzHwRRhtGipp8OCEX7vGnymjq4miUSFhaNVQx96bxs5bvwtTbulpBniaVLFZBCh/oJ+HDWM/NII2Ww24YhujGoPQug1aPYtC07WNas7zLmvWjWOPFVG+xpw/83/YkM2tCnI526X9v1Gi2nO57QvajsOk2WWXPaZZtVkmWbofhE7Vf7Pg=

• Try to place it.
  • It shows the dialog with two of three variable signals. And both signals can be replaced with an item-signal only, not a pure number (I mean a constant).
6 months ago

Okay, so this isn't a feature yet—because I hadn't implemented any constants. Also, Factorio mod api has no "constant selector" GUI form element. So I will have to build my own when it comes time.

Long story short, I had to recreate all my prototypes so I can get logistics+filters working. I went ahead and removed the calculated variables and replaced them with a circuit-1 and circuit-2 variables (same thing, just not as confusing).

I'm going to revisit "calculated" variables once I complete logistics and filter simply because it's not clear how the experience will work, and I will have to roll entirely new GUI's.

3 months ago

How do the circuit 1 and circuit 2 variables work? Do you mind making a new youtube video to demonstrate it if you get the time?

a month ago
(updated a month ago)

How do the circuit 1 and circuit 2 variables work? Do you mind making a new youtube video to demonstrate it if you get the time?

Circuit variables are what the game calls "virtual signals". These are signals like the numbers and letters (1️⃣ 🅰 etc.). They don't represent an entity, fluid, or item like iron-ore and aren't used in logistic requests.

New response