Blueprint Variables

This adds circuit signals to the game that when blueprinted, provides an interface to quickly apply changes to all circuit conditions. Additionally, it will update named entities, such as train station names.

Utilities
a month ago
Trains Logistic network Circuit network Blueprints

i ✔️ Train schedules, inserters, SE?

1 year, 3 months ago

This is truly amazing. This would help me so much; a LOT of my Factorio right now has been automated away behind a set of blueprints and I spend most of my time (like you I imagine) fiddling with signal values to set everything up. This would be a complete gamechanger.

I looked at my blueprints though and it looks like I use them in a way that's outside your intended use cases. I blueprint trains along with the train stations; can you replace placeholder signals in train station names in schedules of blueprinted trains?

I also blueprint a lot of logistic network stuff. I notice I can't put placeholder signals as direct logistic network connection conditions for inserters and I can't put placeholder signals as logistic requests or storage chest filters. I use all of those in my train stations. I assume this limitation is because the placeholder signals are signals and not items. Is it possible to implement the placeholder signals not as signals but as full-fledged items that simply have no production recipes? I don't know if that would be janky or have any side effects. I realize that I can implement sort of the same thing with combinators and extra roboports, but that would increase the footprint and reduce the visual clarity of a lot of my blueprints and introduce considerations around making sure separate roboport networks stay separate.

Also a few of my blueprints have landing pads and cargo rocket silos in them, which themselves have names with items in them. Can you add that to the planned feature list?

Thank you SO MUCH though this is going to save me a ton of clicking!

1 year, 2 months ago

Thanks Krohneew!

To be honest, I wasn't sure if trains could be blueprinted and it never crossed my mind that it would be a useful to variable'ize the schedules. I've added it to my list to implement—if the modding api allows it.

For logistic settings, I have not implemented variables yet. However, based on what I've seen in the modding api, it should be straightforward. This is a major item on my list. I'm prioritizing getting calculated variables working first so constants and logistic requests can work.

Finally, I haven't gotten to modded items yet. But I do plan on supporting as much as I can from Space Exploration.

3 months ago

Trains and logistics are configured. The mod has matured a lot.

I haven't implemented any mod specific values yet.

New response