Biological Machines: Planet Wit


Adds Wit, a moon of Nauvis covered in asteroid craters, glass, helium and coper sulfate. Use these resources to produce helium power cells, a necessary ingredient in space science, laser turrets and the robotics facility (req to craft asteroid collectors, 50% base prod). Return post Aquilo for interstellar science pack.

Content
a month ago
2.0 - 2.1
899
Factorio: Space Age Icon Space Age Mod
Planets Mining Manufacturing

i 2.1?

3 months ago

update 2.1?

2 months ago

In progress

a month ago

Done

a month ago

biological-machines-core/data-helper.lua:225: attempt to index field '?' (a nil value)
stack traceback:
biological-machines-core/data-helper.lua:225: in function 'mod_override_require'
biological-machines-planet-wit/data.lua:59: in main chunk

a month ago
(updated a month ago)

Thanks for the report. I assume you have AAI signal installed. I attempted to remove changes to that mod because of the 2.1 radar changes and I missed one reference which caused your crash. AAI signal should be compatible again, lmk if this did not solve your issue or if you encounter any others.

a month ago

模组加载失败:Cannot serialise ttype=function

emmmm...

err again

a month ago

i fixed

prototypes/entities.lua

line 486

just let
pipe_picture = require("base.prototypes.entity.assembler-pictures").assembler2pipepictures

a month ago

Is the “biological-machines-scrapyard” mod actually necessary? I noticed it only adds a single recycler, and I think Fulgora’s recycler is already sufficient. It also seems more reasonable that recycling should only be unlocked in Fulgora.

a month ago

Hello, I noticed that some ground tiles on WIT’s surface have issues — there are black spots on the terrain. I guess this is because version 2.1 modified some prototype definitions, which caused the graphics to become misaligned.

a month ago
(updated a month ago)

I appreciate the report and suggested code fix. I would like to reproduce the error before I update the mod. Can you please post your full active modlist, as well as any info you have on which specific mods may be incompatible?

a month ago
(updated a month ago)

The reason the scrapyard is included is because of the asteroids. In space you can easily destroy unwanted asteroid types/crushing products by throwing them into space. Currently on Wit you are intended to throw unwanted items into a recycling loop. I considered instead making the darker crater tiles destroy item placed on them (like Vulcanus lava) but I was worried new players would be confused and destroy items on accident. I could make the scrapyard a recommended dependency and add an optional setting to make wit crater tiles destroy items (default disabled with scrapyard, default enabled without it). What do you think?

a month ago

I'm seeing ` shaped black marks on some of the transitions between wit-ash-flats and wit-ash-cracks. Is this what you are talking about? Are there more types you see?

a month ago

maybe you can see

https://mods.factorio.com/mod/castra-prime/discussion/6a9ad5fbb795dcac42f83240

This mod also gets the above‑mentioned error, seemingly caused by the vesta mod. I suspect it defines a function of the same name. If you do not directly require the specific function, overwriting will occur and result in the error.

a month ago

The reason the scrapyard is included is because of the asteroids. In space you can easily destroy unwanted asteroid types/crushing products by throwing them into space. Currently on Wit you are intended to throw unwanted items into a recycling loop. I considered instead making the darker crater tiles destroy item placed on them (like Vulcanus lava) but I was worried new players would be confused and destroy items on accident. I could make the scrapyard a recommended dependency and add an optional setting to make wit crater tiles destroy items (default disabled with scrapyard, default enabled without it). What do you think?

that is very good!

a month ago
(updated a month ago)

-

a month ago
(updated a month ago)

I appreciate the report and suggested code fix. I would like to reproduce the error before I update the mod. Can you please post your full active modlist, as well as any info you have on which specific mods may be incompatible?

You can install my modpack at https://mods.factorio.com/mod/zzzz‑beomyo‑fix, though it contains a lot of mods, which will make testing a bit troublesome.

However, I don’t think reproduction is necessary, since the error message is just the short string: Cannot serialise ttype=function.

a month ago
(updated a month ago)

-

a month ago
(updated a month ago)

I will look into the tile graphics problems later. For now I have changed scrapyard to an optional dependency and added the setting making crater tiles destroy items. I have also set implemented the code you sent me, I appreciate your help/explanations a lot.

You were right about your pack being fairly difficult to test, although I looked around for other incompatibilities but couldn't find any (besides muluna) but again let me know if you do.

New response