by therax

Route your belts freely underground.

Content
1 year, 9 months ago
0.16 - 1.1
Logistics

b Unable to deconstruct when underground

4 years ago

For some reason I'm unable to remove belts from the underground area, please let me know if there's any information I can supply to help fix this issue, and/or fix this issue for myself if this issue is localized to my copy for one reason or another. Thanks in advance!

4 years ago

Are you running Space Exploration? SE bans mining from other surfaces, and I haven’t figured out a good workaround for it yet.

4 years ago
(updated 4 years ago)

Are you running Space Exploration? SE bans mining from other surfaces, and I haven’t figured out a good workaround for it yet. <

oh damn, yea, I am, sorry for the trouble, that's super weird

4 years ago

Are you running Space Exploration? SE bans mining from other surfaces, and I haven’t figured out a good workaround for it yet. <

4 years ago

Are you running Space Exploration? SE bans mining from other surfaces, and I haven’t figured out a good workaround for it yet.

4 years ago
(updated 4 years ago)

My workaround, for now, is to use robots to deconstruct underground belts. It's finicky (you need to include at least one underground belt connector on the surface in the deconstruction planner area), but better than nothing.

4 years ago

I recently noticed that Pipelayer, with Space Exploration, allows the deconstruction planner underground. If you could get that working in Beltlayer it would make my workaround easier.

4 years ago
(updated 4 years ago)

My workaround, for now, is to use robots to deconstruct underground belts. It's finicky (you need to include at least one underground belt connector on the surface in the deconstruction planner area), but better than nothing.

If you don't have robots available, then, after marking them with the deconstruction planner, their "ghosts" appear on the surface that can be removed by hand.

4 years ago

A possible solution would be to (?if Space Exploration is installed) move the character underground.

4 years ago

therax, thank you. imho, the best mod of such kind. are you planning/already have a solution with SpaceExploration incompatibility?

4 years ago

The current version of Beltlayer allows you to use a deconstruction planner while underground. If you don’t yet have bots, you can mine the images that appear above ground after underground pipes are marked for deconstruction.

4 years ago

I don't know if it's Beltlayer 0.4.8, Space Exploration, or some other mod I have installed, but Unfortunately whenever I go into the underground view, my deconstruction planner is removed from my inventory so I don't have an easy work-around to the conflict, Thanks for the great mod either way.

4 years ago

The ability to bring a deconstruction planner underground was added in v0.5.0 for Factorio 0.18.

4 years ago

Many are not yet ready to move to 0.18. Many mods are still not updated. Could you do this critical update for 0.17? Otherwise, I just can’t use your mod.

4 years ago
(updated 4 years ago)

I finally made the move to 0.18 and it's (still flawed) much better.

4 years ago

Go into data-final-fixes.lua of Space Exploration. On line 174 you'll find the line:
data.raw["god-controller"]["default"].mining_speed = 0.0000001
Remove it, or comment it out by adding -- to the beginning of the line.

4 years ago

Thanks therax this is the best solution so far

4 years ago

->therax
A1 , thank you

New response