by therax

Route your belts freely underground.

Content
1 year, 9 months ago
0.16 - 1.1
Logistics

b beltboxes compatibility problem with beltlayer

5 years ago

hello every time i place an underground belt from the Beltlayer mod on that spot my game crashes (see picture)
if there is no belt or splitter it works fine but i did not test any further
http://prntscr.com/mtbk9y

if its not your mods fault i post this on the Deadlock´s stacking beltboxes&compact Loaders mod page too
and if more info is needed please say

MfG playprogramm

5 years ago

Are you still having this problem? I can't reproduce it in current versions of the mods.

My guess is that this is or was an issue with Deadlock's Compact Loaders doing belt snapping, which tries to rotate the Beltlayer connector before Beltlayer is ready for that to happen.

5 years ago
(updated 5 years ago)

i use many mods and now tried to narrow it down
and it only happens if bob's logistics mod is also present
tested with mod default settings

mod list:
-Beltlayer
-Bob's function library mod
-Bob's logistics mod
-Deadlock's Stacking Beltboxes & Compact Loaders (his library mod the loaders mod itself does not have to be present)

Edit1: the minimum mods that have to be installed for the crash to happen

5 years ago

Yup, almost certainly my bug - I punted on the problem of running the snapping logic only for the mod's own loaders in the 0.17 version, their names became less predictable since they're now being dynamically generated. I have a couple ideas on how to correct this behavior, should have a new version published later to fix.

5 years ago

Shanemadden, one possibility is if you could defer the snapping for a tick. The problem I’m seeing is that Beltlayer gets the on_player_rotated_entity before it sees the on_built_entity, which gets a little confusing.

New response