Autodrive

by Pi-C

Car equipment for train avoidance, logistic network integration, circuit network connectivity, fuel refill, ammo reload, vehicle repair, radio control, enemy targeting, and gate control.

Content
21 days ago
0.17 - 1.1
Transportation

g [Fixed] Crash Error with Aircraft Mod

1 year, 3 months ago

Hey Pi-C,

This is by no means an urgent request since I'm not actively using Aircraft mod (though would like to in the future). Anyways, I get the following error when loading Factorio with the Aircraft mod by Thomasnotused (I have isolated that mod, b/c by only removing that mod, I'm able to successfully load my factorio game without any errors):

Failed to load mods: autodrive/prototypes/3-grid.lua:100: attempt to index local 'grid' (a nil value) stack traceback:
autodrive/prototypes/3-grid.lua:100: in main chunk
[C]: in function 'require'
autodrive/data-final-fixes.lua:28: in main chunk

I hope I copied all that correctly. Like I said, no rush on this one, as I prefer the other bug has priority, and I'm all about supporting you in doing that's at your own pace and desire. Thanks again for all your great work!

1 year, 3 months ago

Hi! Using the saved game you've recently uploaded, I didn't get the error although both Autodrive and Aircraft were active. Could you upload a saved game where this bug is reproducible?

Meanwhile, I've found the bug that was blocking everything -- I was trying to make something failsafe but didn't realize that my change would break the logic behind the old statement, so even vehicles which had successfully requested and received a path would repath and return from on_tick immediately, without checking for ammo, fuel, etc. There's still an issue with Nullius, but I'm quite positive that I can upload the new version tomorrow. If you're fast enough, it could contain a fix for this bug as well. :-)

1 year, 3 months ago

Here's my most recent save file: https://drive.google.com/file/d/1w2iAjG2OjsxEitWsMi22gBzuoai840UE/view?usp=sharing

It does not include the Aircraft mod, so you will have to activate the mod to reproduce the crash.

1 year, 3 months ago

Thanks for the saved game! I've figured out the problem:

Krastorio will add "kr-flying-fortress-grid" to the Flame Tumbler from AAI in data-updates if Aircraft is active. However, it won't create that grid before data-final-fixes -- and as Krastorio is loaded after Autodrive, Autodrive will crash when it tries to access a grid which doesn't exist yet.

Adding "? Krastorio2" to Autodrive's dependencies (info.json) will fix the crash. I've also asked Raiguard (the maintainer of K2) to create the grid at an earlier stage.

1 year, 3 months ago

Awesome! Thanks for all your work on this! Looking forward to the update. Let me know if there's anything else I can do to help at all.

1 year, 3 months ago

Awesome! Thanks for all your work on this! Looking forward to the update.

You're welcome, have fun with the update! Version 1.1.4 should fix the crash.

New response