Autodrive

by Pi-C

Car equipment for train avoidance, logistic network integration, circuit network connectivity, fuel refill, ammo reload, vehicle repair, radio control, enemy targeting, and gate control.

Content
22 days ago
0.17 - 1.1
Transportation

g [Fixed] Crash Error After Update

1 year, 4 months ago

I received the following error message when loading my save file after updating this mod:

Error while applying migration: Autodrive: 1.1.3-migrate-tables.lua

autodrive/migrations/1.1.3-migrate-tables.lua:103: 'then' expected near ')'

I really enjoy this mod and was a little hesitant to update given this was such a big update you made. Unfortunately, it does make my game literally unplayable, so is this an easy fix so that I don't have to remove the mod? Please let me know if you need more info.

(I wish Factorio allowed downgrading mods to previous versions.). Kudos to a great mod overall!

1 year, 4 months ago
(updated 1 year, 4 months ago)

EDIT: Sorry, it's not copying my error message exactly. The second line of the error message is supposed to start with 2 underscores before and after "autodrive"

I received the following error message when loading my save file after updating this mod:

Error while applying migration: Autodrive: 1.1.3-migrate-tables.lua

autodrive/migrations/1.1.3-migrate-tables.lua:103: 'then' expected near ')'

I really enjoy this mod and was a little hesitant to update given this was such a big update you made. Unfortunately, it does make my game literally unplayable, so is this an easy fix so that I don't have to remove the mod? Please let me know if you need more info.

(I wish Factorio allowed downgrading mods to previous versions.). Kudos to a great mod overall!

1 year, 4 months ago
(updated 1 year, 4 months ago)

Sorry, a stupid typo! Until I'll release the next version, you can fix it by changing line 103 of migrations/1.1.3-migrate-tables.lua from

elseif not next(force.players)) then

to

elseif not next(force.players) then
1 year, 4 months ago

That fixed it. Thank you!

1 year, 4 months ago

EDIT: Sorry, it's not copying my error message exactly. The second line of the error message is supposed to start with 2 underscores before and after "autodrive"

For future bug reports: Postings on the mod portal use the Markdown format, where 2 underscores before and after text are a shorthand for "emphasize" and will be replaced with bold text. That's why you should insert error messages as code, by indenting each line with at least 4 spaces.

1 year, 4 months ago

That fixed it. Thank you!

You're welcome! :-)

1 year, 4 months ago

(I wish Factorio allowed downgrading mods to previous versions.)

You can keep different versions of the same mod in the mods directory! Download an old version of a mod, store it in your mods folder, start the game and choose "Mods" --> "Manage" from the main menu. Select the mod you want, and a new field "Active version" with a dropdown list of all versions available will be visible on the right side. I'll use that a lot during debugging.

1 year, 3 months ago

Fixed in version 1.1.4.

New response