Autodrive

by Pi-C

Car equipment for train avoidance, logistic network integration, circuit network connectivity, fuel refill, ammo reload, vehicle repair, radio control, enemy targeting, and gate control.

Content
9 days ago
0.17 - 1.1
Transportation

i [Fixed?] don't recommend the car keys all the time

3 years ago

G'day. I appreciated the pointer to your car-keys mod, which I looked at. In the end I decided that it wasn't for me, which is fine, so it'd be nice to not get poked at the start of each game session about it.

Perhaps you could adjust the reminder so it doesn't show up again unless ... well, something. On the assumption that if you told me a few times, I probably make a decision about using it or not?

Thanks! Appreciate your both mods, too. Might not use car-keys, but I thought hard about it, and I don't do that for everything. Love autodrive. :)

3 years ago

Hi!

Perhaps you could adjust the reminder so it doesn't show up again unless ... well, something. On the assumption that if you told me a few times, I probably make a decision about using it or not?

The reasoning was that most people probably wouldn't load too often during one session, playing hours at a time -- so the nagging would be negligible. What do you think of using a counter that's stored in the global table? I could check and increment it in on_load() and on_configuration_changed(), and not output the message if the counter has reached a certain value (perhaps 3 or 5?). Would that be acceptable?

Thanks! Appreciate your both mods, too. Might not use car-keys, but I thought hard about it, and I don't do that for everything. Love autodrive. :)

Thanks for the compliment! :-)

3 years ago

That sounds perfectly fine. and it isn't that naggy, mostly. unless I'm testing a mod, in gameplay, so reload more often than I'd like. :)

3 years ago

Finally got this done. There will be a maximum of 3 nag messages per game: one when a new game is created, the other two if on_configuration_changed is triggered:

This is called any time the game version changes, prototypes change, startup mod settings change, and any time mod versions change including adding or removing mods.

So, if you don't update the game or mods and don't change any settings, you will get the message just once. :-)

3 years ago

Please check out 0.1.28/0.2.7!

New response