Autodrive

by Pi-C

Car equipment for train avoidance, logistic network integration, circuit network connectivity, fuel refill, ammo reload, vehicle repair, radio control, enemy targeting, and gate control.

Content
13 days ago
0.17 - 1.1
Transportation

g [TODO] Compatibility with vehicle physics

4 years ago
(updated 4 years ago)

Would be cool if this could be made compatible with Vehicle Physics? You can make donuts with that but it looks weird when you're using the car remote to call the car.

https://mods.factorio.com/mod/vehicle_physics/

4 years ago

Sorry, but that's definitely not a top priority at the moment! Gotta keep the mods working now that Factorio 0.18 has hit, and there are still some issues with Autodrive that I'd like to fix before I'll add new compatibilities. Vehicle physics looks cool, though, so I'll see what I can do (no promise that I can) -- later. :-)

4 years ago

Sure, later is fine. The car works just fine, just when taking sharp corners it sometimes crashes into stuff because of the physics. I just turn off auto follow / send to location if the car has to go through the base.

Also, when using autodrive with vehicle physics, the rubber on the ground doesnt work.

4 years ago

Sometimes the car does not lose the command to follow, are you aware of that?

4 years ago

I haven't been aware of it yet. Do you have a saved game that shows this, or can you give a more detailed description of the circumstances when it happens?

4 years ago

I haven't been aware of it yet. Do you have a saved game that shows this, or can you give a more detailed description of the circumstances when it happens?

Sometimes he walks around teleporting, does not answer the call and stays put, to resolve this he has to delete him from the list and put the item back,

4 years ago

I'll look into this. Teleporting just a couple of tiles away may occur when a vehicle can't find a path. Losing control over a vehicle via the GUI may be an issue with other mods. For example, "AAI Programmable Vehicles" could cause problems because it replaces vehicles without notifying Autodrive, so the vehicle the GUI controls are bound to doesn't exist anymore. Do you control the same car with AAI and Autodrive by any chance?

4 years ago

I'll look into this. Teleporting just a couple of tiles away may occur when a vehicle can't find a path. Losing control over a vehicle via the GUI may be an issue with other mods. For example, "AAI Programmable Vehicles" could cause problems because it replaces vehicles without notifying Autodrive, so the vehicle the GUI controls are bound to doesn't exist anymore. Do you control the same car with AAI and Autodrive by any chance?

I don't use this AAI mod,
I currently use these mods:
Aircraft
Aircraft Realism
DogdeChallenger
HelicopterRevival - (fullbug kkkk)
Krastorios 2
Wagon colois
boblibrary - (need this?)
shotwave

New response