Autodrive

by Pi-C

Car equipment for train avoidance, logistic network integration, circuit network connectivity, fuel refill, ammo reload, vehicle repair, radio control, enemy targeting, and gate control.

Content
13 days ago
0.17 - 1.1
Transportation

b [Fixed?] Vehicle list bloat with AAI

4 years ago

I'm not 100% certain what exactly causes this, but sometimes AAI controlled vehicles get added to the Autodrive list, leading to multiple copies of vehicles that no longer exist and cannot be removed. Even if this isn't something that can be easily fixed, an option to manually clear the list to mitigate the problem would be appreciated.

4 years ago

I just extended the GUI for 0.1.21. Would a "Remove" button (one for each vehicle) in the GUI be acceptable?

4 years ago

Definitely.

4 years ago

Uploaded the new version. Does it work?

4 years ago

Sorry for the severe delay, been away.

While it works fine on its own, when I use it with AAI to try to fix the issue it doesn't. The removal button does not work on the additional copies, and if I attempt to remove the last entry on the list without getting into the car first it errors and sends me back to the main menu.

Error while running event autodrive::on_gui_click (ID 1)
Unknown item name: car-_-solid

https://i.imgur.com/H3Jj7ix.png

4 years ago

Would you mind sending me a save game? You're still using Factorio 0.17.79, right?

4 years ago

Yes, I'm still using 0.17.79

Here's a quick save I put together with the bare minimum to reproduce this: https://drive.google.com/open?id=1ShRQk-saFZUTX1gVrPvewiFvlNZPwc_R

4 years ago

Thanks! Didn't get the crash yet, but I saw the non-removal part. It seems AAI replaces vehicles (creating new one, deleting old one), so Autodrive can't react to the old vehicle's GUI controls because it's not connected anymore. I'll see how I can fix that, but it may take a while …

3 years ago

Should be fixed with 0.1.22/0.2.2. Can you confirm that it works as expected?

New response