Autodrive

by Pi-C

Car equipment for train avoidance, logistic network integration, circuit network connectivity, fuel refill, ammo reload, vehicle repair, radio control, enemy targeting, and gate control.

Content
2 months ago
0.17 - 1.1
Transportation

b No longer breaking trees!

4 years ago
(updated 4 years ago)

Once a transport (ex. tank) has been selected with a radio remote, it can no longer break through trees, even when player-piloted. It just bounces off!

4 years ago

I find it irritating that the tank will even bounce off spawners instead of just flattening them. Perhaps there could be a list of entities that will be exempted from the bouncing? Bouncing off rocks, cliffs, electric poles, buildings etc. is useful because it makes driving easier. But trees, spawners and enemies? You usually want them to take damage!

Perhaps it would be possible to make the bouncing a function of the impact damage a vehicle would deal to the entity it collides with? Let the vehicle bounce off only If the impact damage it can deal is more than the current health of the object it collides with -- so tanks (also trucks, crawlers etc.) could pass through a forest without interruption, while a light car would bounce off trees.

4 years ago

Once a transport (ex. tank) has been selected with a radio remote, it can no longer break through trees, even when player-piloted. It just bounces off!

Neat trick I just found out: Go backwards and you will be slowed by rocks or trees, but you won't have to reverse until you come to a full stop and move into your original direction again. So driving backwards with your Autodrive-controlled tank is much smoother than driving forwards. :-D

4 years ago
(updated 4 years ago)

Deleted -- turns out my assumption was wrong .…

4 years ago

This should be fixed now. Can you confirm that?

New response