Autodrive

by Pi-C

Car equipment for train avoidance, logistic network integration, circuit network connectivity, fuel refill, ammo reload, vehicle repair, radio control, enemy targeting, and gate control.

Content
24 days ago
0.17 - 1.1
Transportation

g Helicopter Logisitcs

4 years ago

So I am trying to use this with the Helicopters mod. I'm using the filters on the "trunk" of the helicopter. I want them to autoload rail segments and rail signals. But when the helicopter is landed inside of a logistics zone nothing happens. Am i doing something wrong?

dorfl β˜†
4 years ago

Helicopters has multiple "car" entities used at different times to handle animation and collision (or lack of it when flying). I think that causes Autodrive to lose track of the vehicle. When the Helicopter appears to be doing nothing you might need to either re-select it with the remote control, or open the grid and and remove/replace a sensor, to trigger an event for Autodrive to detect the new unit_number.

Hovering the mouse over a nearby roboport should highlight a hidden chest under the Helicopter if it has successfully detected a logistics network. If you can't make this happen then I'd love to see your save file to debug it further.

AAI also exchanges car entities on the fly but it sends a custom event on_entity_replaced so that other mods can follow the changes. Helicopters doesn't do that -- I think, haven't had much time yet to look through its code.

4 years ago

Ok. Thanks for the reply. I did find a workaround kinda. But it just ended up being me using a resupply landing spot. It probably works better so my bots are not flying around trying to fill up the helicopter lol

4 years ago

Helicopters has multiple "car" entities used at different times to handle animation and collision (or lack of it when flying). I think that causes Autodrive to lose track of the vehicle. When the Helicopter appears to be doing nothing you might need to either re-select it with the remote control, or open the grid and and remove/replace a sensor, to trigger an event for Autodrive to detect the new unit_number.

Hovering the mouse over a nearby roboport should highlight a hidden chest under the Helicopter if it has successfully detected a logistics network. If you can't make this happen then I'd love to see your save file to debug it further.

AAI also exchanges car entities on the fly but it sends a custom event on_entity_replaced so that other mods can follow the changes. Helicopters doesn't do that -- I think, haven't had much time yet to look through its code.

Doh! I figured it out. Totally neglected to put the "Logistic Network Sensor" in the helicopter. Works like a charm. haha

dorfl β˜†
4 years ago

Ah, that will help :-)

New response