Autodrive

by Pi-C

Car equipment for train avoidance, logistic network integration, circuit network connectivity, fuel refill, ammo reload, vehicle repair, radio control, enemy targeting, and gate control.

Content
22 days ago
0.17 - 1.1
Transportation

i Circuit network commands equivalent to the remote control.

4 years ago

G'day. It'd be nice to have circuit network commands equivalent to the remote control. I recognise your comment elsewhere that this is more the AAI domain, and that is pretty reasonable, but TBH, a lot of what it does (eg: paths) is far more complex than I want, too.

I'd quite like to have that minimal amount of automation, without the full complexity and capabilities of the AAI version. Nothing more than "this vehicle, move to this location", and done.

Thank you!

dorfl β˜†
4 years ago

Ok, RFC on this approach?

• Add some sort of control entity with circuit network connection, probably a simple reskinned constant combinator
  • Add circuit network sensor grid equipment for cars which checks for signals on the above once a second (because UPS)
  • Define your target locations using overview map tags with icons
  • Car is dispatched when control entity receives a signal matching a tag icon and count matches a car ID (unit_number)
4 years ago

Sounds great to me!

dorfl β˜†
4 years ago

Ok... here goes...

0.1.4 has a dependency on my Shortwave mod and adds a circuit network sensor. Usage:

1. Build and place a circuit sensor in a car grid.
  2. Build a shortwave radio and set the channel (instructions in that mod) to something, say Car(17).
  3. Use the remote control tool to drag-select both the car and the radio at the same time. Car will bind to the chosen channel and display it as a yellow caption while selected, eg car:17.
  4. Send X and Y signals to the radio I/O port to direct the car to a drive to a map location.
  5. Car will check for a signal change once per second.

Using map tags proved to be quite inaccurate, hence the switch to X,Y signals. I'm using a Markers mod to help choose and track map co-ordinates. I guess these become something like waypoints, except they're just informational.

New response