Amator Phasma's Coal & Steam

This mod revisits the early game of Factorio and pushes the electrification a bit further back by extending the Burner-Stage and inserting a new stage: Steam-Stage (buildings will be powered by steam). The production lines of this mod focus on fuel production, but it also comes with a few new intermediates and a new science package. It does not change the standard Techtree too much, the majority of the related tech for this mod comes before the vanilla techtree even begins. The vanilla techtree and most of the other mods content are locked behind a new technology called "Electrification" which can be called the goal of this modification.

Content
3 years ago
0.17 - 0.18
Manufacturing

g Steam inserters, please.

4 years ago
(updated 4 years ago)

The need to supply solid fuel for the inserters is really the only thing that makes me ANGRY!

4 years ago
(updated 4 years ago)

And by the way, where can I put an infinite amount of fucking ash?

4 years ago

yes, steam-powered inserter ....
I'm already working on that, but it takes more time because it takes a bit more then only give them 4 direction pipe-connections, and at the moment I'm unclear how to make this compatible with other mods :)

Ash?
make stone-bricks, asphalt, wood or later uranium.

4 years ago

In bob's warfared there is a flamethrowing turret, to which you can connect the pipe to feed with liquid fuel. Perhaps there is a code useful to you.

4 years ago

The feeding is really not the problem,
I can use pipe-connections and steam as energy_source no own code needed.

The bigger problem is more graphics related, I need new pipe-connections, and also new pipe intersections, otherwise it looks really odd, a small inserter with 4 big pipes :D

I also have an other idea where the connection is a bit off and you see only small/tiny pipes got to the inserter from some "adapter thingy"...

Or an new inserter base...

^^But before I go to deep into this, I need to do balance some recipes and a bit more compatibillity with Bob/Angel, thats the focus for the next 3-6 updates, if no bugreport comes in before :D after this I will visit this inserter again.

4 years ago
(updated 4 years ago)

otherwise it looks really odd, a small inserter with 4 big pipes

I agree to get it. It will not look strange to me, please just give me a steam inserter. I think that this is the only way to supply steam to factories and inserters with pipes of the same type, simply by placing the pipes in one row.

4 years ago

I think something like this, but with drawn connectors, will look absolutely normal. https://wmpics.pics/di-N3YTEEGW.jpg

New response