Amator Phasma's Coal & Steam

This mod revisits the early game of Factorio and pushes the electrification a bit further back by extending the Burner-Stage and inserting a new stage: Steam-Stage (buildings will be powered by steam). The production lines of this mod focus on fuel production, but it also comes with a few new intermediates and a new science package. It does not change the standard Techtree too much, the majority of the related tech for this mod comes before the vanilla techtree even begins. The vanilla techtree and most of the other mods content are locked behind a new technology called "Electrification" which can be called the goal of this modification.

Content
3 years ago
0.17 - 0.18
Manufacturing

b Missing perpetual motion gear wheel recipe

5 years ago
(updated 5 years ago)

Unless I am missing something (possible but I also checked FNEI), it looks like the tech to unlock the "perpetual motion gear wheel" is broken or missing (bobs+angels) making water impossible to harvest via offshore pumps.

5 years ago
(updated 5 years ago)

Ah, looks like it is locked behind technology (bob-logistics-0) that is impossible to tech to without having access to offshore water pumps, which are impossible to get without red science packs, which are impossible to use until you have access to "incredible laboratory" which requires steam. Chicken and egg problem.

edit: My "fix" was to switch the boblogistics integration for the gear to apm_power_steam
edit: but now there is a requirement for crushed meteorite metal.. which requires sulfuric acid to mine so still no way of progressing.

5 years ago

Is it possible to give me a save file where the tech is messed up? I can not reproduce the problem with the tech tree.

But the spawn of the wrong meteorite ore on game start is my fault, forget to update a function :( As soon I'm home i will upload a fix!

5 years ago

Absolutely. I created a new save since there were some mod updates this morning and ran into the same troubles. https://file.io/Ba6Av5

5 years ago

I will look into it now... and I have to say I love the "Sync mods with save option"!!!! :D

5 years ago

Okay...
Now im confussed, because I dont have this technology problem.. or my last update fixed this problem it was related to the boblogistics options.

Even I switch the transport-belt overhaul from bob on/off it works as intended.

5 years ago
(updated 5 years ago)

Aha. I was seeing this https://imgur.com/a/mcvS79E.

Looks like after I started the new save a possible fix was pushed with 0.17.09. Updating and checking again.

edit: Yep, looks like that fixed it.

5 years ago

Learned something today -check mod options, I have no idea why bobs belts etc were turned off.. Thank you and fantastic work.

This thread has been locked.