Amator Phasma's Coal & Steam

This mod revisits the early game of Factorio and pushes the electrification a bit further back by extending the Burner-Stage and inserting a new stage: Steam-Stage (buildings will be powered by steam). The production lines of this mod focus on fuel production, but it also comes with a few new intermediates and a new science package. It does not change the standard Techtree too much, the majority of the related tech for this mod comes before the vanilla techtree even begins. The vanilla techtree and most of the other mods content are locked behind a new technology called "Electrification" which can be called the goal of this modification.

Content
3 years ago
0.17 - 0.18
Manufacturing

g Not compatible with MSP - 30 new science packs

5 years ago

This is a amazing mod but unfortunately it is not compatible with MSP - 30 new science packs
https://gyazo.com/d18c29d4cd02de06ae94d5b38d328d70
It prevents the player from making automation science packs and re-arranges the science tree in a way that you cannot research the requirements for the automation science pack. for excample you can't research optics, but you need opticks for automation science pack.

5 years ago
(updated 5 years ago)

Unfortunately, I can not do anything right now. The problem is that I'm not ready with this mod to ask other mod authors about compatibility fixes.

Because I'll easily change technologies again in the near future:
1) I need technologies for the last tier of my machines (electric).
2) I have to bring the train technology closer to the steam phase.

After this last changes I can ask others to implement a patch in such cases or to write my own compatibility patch.

4 years ago

I don't know if there's a proper way to add compatibility, but removing the MSP science packs from steel-processing seems to fix the tech requirements.

4 years ago

Hi,

my next update has a side effect :) you can use it with this mod, it's not ideal, but it works, and has no dead ends.

Its not a full support, but in my next update I created my own steel-tech with new recipes...., and leave the original steel-tech where it should be, only behind automation but this has the above side effect.

4 years ago

Nice, looking forward to it!

New response