Amator Phasma's Coal & Steam

This mod revisits the early game of Factorio and pushes the electrification a bit further back by extending the Burner-Stage and inserting a new stage: Steam-Stage (buildings will be powered by steam). The production lines of this mod focus on fuel production, but it also comes with a few new intermediates and a new science package. It does not change the standard Techtree too much, the majority of the related tech for this mod comes before the vanilla techtree even begins. The vanilla techtree and most of the other mods content are locked behind a new technology called "Electrification" which can be called the goal of this modification.

Content
3 years ago
0.17 - 0.18
Manufacturing

b Crash on load

5 years ago
 195.710 Mods to disable:Failed to load mods: __apm_power__/data-final-fixes.lua:1: __apm_lib__/lib/utils/item.lua:94: attempt to index field 'item' (a nil value)
stack traceback:
        __apm_lib__/lib/utils/item.lua:94: in function 'fuel_overhaul'
        __apm_power__/prototypes/power/fuel.lua:6: in main chunk
        [C]: in function 'require'
        __apm_power__/data-final-fixes.lua:1: in main chunk
stack traceback:
5 years ago
(updated 5 years ago)

another one mabye unrelated

5 years ago

I will update both the power mod (to 0.17.04) and the library (to 0.17.06).

@ SuperSandro2000 Your error will be fixed.
@ OvermindDL1 Your error should be fixed, if not I need the whole log file to see whats going wrong.

5 years ago

My error got fixed

5 years ago

Still happening in the just-released version:

249.336 Mods to disable:Failed to load mods: __apm_power__/data-final-fixes.lua:1: __apm_lib__/lib/utils/item.lua:112: attempt to index field 'item' (a nil value)
stack traceback:
        __apm_lib__/lib/utils/item.lua:112: in function 'fuel_overhaul'
        __apm_power__/prototypes/power/fuel.lua:6: in main chunk
stack traceback:

Mods to be disabled:
• apm_power
5 years ago

Ah, thanks for the log file ...

It's a conflict with "OverMods", and my mods both use the "utils" namespace and now I see that it's been a bad choice not to explicitly call my inner functions. I will revise this part on the weekend.

(In my nuclear mod I forget here and there to call my functions with the right prefix...)

But even if I fix that, I can not promise that my mods will work correctly in this modlist. I see Pycoalprocessing, Bob and Angel together, and at that moment I've never played with pycoalprocessing and have no idea how much this mod changes at the beginning of the game. There is a big chance for multiple deadlocks.

5 years ago

It's a conflict with "OverMods", and my mods both use the "utils" namespace and now I see that it's been a bad choice not to explicitly call my inner functions. I will revise this part on the weekend.

Lol... my bad with that, that's my own little mod that I use for a variety of little things on my servers... ^.^;

Yeah I really shouldn't use such a generic name as well...

As for pycoal I'm not actually using it in my main pack, that was just my sandbox pack to see how well things work (pymods 'work', and are pretty, but balance and style is a bit not my style...), so no worry with it there.

AAI Industries is what changes early game the most though, it puts almost everything behind a burner research, adds some more burner tech, etc...

5 years ago

AAI Industries is nice and I will write a compatibility patch for it because I want to have this mod in my playthrough, but at this moment they collide on game start with tech, items and entities, and I have to figure out how to make a offshore-pump that runs with coal.

5 years ago
(updated 5 years ago)

His offshore pump is just an offshore pump entity and a pump entity (to repressurize pipes kind of pump) which is what allows it through or not with power, and they are connected together via correct I/O placement. You could do the same with a burner pump. :-)

5 years ago

Also, if you add researches, then if the ScienceCostWhatever mod is installed then it has a Burner stage of research (a burner lab with a new super early burner tier of science packs that burns things), all tiered very well with Vanilla, Angels, Bobs, and AAI Industries (and more) early game things as well (almost nothing is unlocked at the start), so any new things added would be nice to unlock via its research (or new research in the burner tier) as well. :-)

This thread has been locked.