Amator Phasma's Nuclear

This mod is inspired by "Nuclear Power" by Fatmice and "Uranium Power" by Simdezimon. And, like the both, does this mod expand the production of nuclear fuel cells and the reprocessing of spent fuel cells. With this mod, the start into the atomic age is a bit harder than in the vanilla Factorio and you will need the logic cabling for this mod because you have to control pumps so that your enrichment process can work efficiently. (Without a logic control this process will come to a standstill.)

Content
3 years ago
0.17 - 0.18
Power

b Space Exploration Radiation Data recipes

4 years ago

se-radiation-data, se-radiation-exposure-data, se-radiation-exposure-resistance-data, se-radiation-shielding-data return old uranium-238 instead of new oxide pellets

4 years ago

Thanks for the report,

is now fixed in version 0.18.09 of this mod,
I forgot 3 result replacement calls in my mod for: uranium-238, uranium-235 and uranium-fuel-cell

4 years ago
(updated 4 years ago)

Thanks. Two more things about your mods: in Recycling with BobAngel active, there is no "basic" recycling of steel scrap that exists without BobAngel, only molten. I suggest adding it back with the same productivity malus as iron and copper for early game. And second about all mods, could you add an option to disable always show where recipe is made? Personally, I think it's just interface clutter.

4 years ago

Yes, I will create this option for the "show made in". I had this already on this list, someone asks on discord for this. The new tooltips now show the whole name, instead only the Icon, this made it very messy with Bob's assemblers and Angel's mods together.

I would wish I can disable the names or give the list a threshold, or let only show certain machines. (I think this could be a good question for an mod interface...)

The early steel... I think you are right, there should be an early option for this too.

Both options will come with one of the next updates.

4 years ago

Sorry for dumping bug reports in the wrong thread of wrong mod, but here is another one: processed fuel from AAI mod ironically can't be used in AAI vehicles. And rocket fuel, rocket booster and nuclear fuel should be able to be used in Aircraft and Helicopters mods.

4 years ago

Sorry for dumping bug reports in the wrong thread

No problem :)

processed fuel from AAI mod ironically can't be used in AAI vehicles

Ehrm yes... small side effect from an other bugfix, will work again with the next version.

And rocket fuel, rocket booster and nuclear fuel should be able to be used in Aircraft and Helicopters mods.

I added compatibility patches for this mods in the next version.

4 years ago

All bugs these bugs should now be gone with the new version,
also you can disable the "made in" in the settings for each of my mods.

4 years ago
(updated 4 years ago)

Three more things:
1: bob's wood from naphtha is completely broken with creosote and allows generation of tons of resources out of thin air. Honestly, it's completely broken even in normal BobAngel, so I suggest just disabling the naphtha-wood recipe. Seablock already does that.
2: PetrochemPlus's rubber slab can only use iron sawblades, not steel ones.
3, the most important one: inserter burner leech works pretty bad. For one, they always prioritize moving actual items instead of refueling themselves, resulting in them getting stuck without fuel all the time. It should be the other way around, first top up fuel inventory, then move items. Also, in, for example, coke production setup, they should prioritize refueling with refined fuel instead of unrefined. So, what they should do: never move items without at least 1 item in fuel slot and always choose refined type of fuel over unrefined one to refuel both themselves and target dropoff.
Then, with bob's adjustable inserters, they sometimes never refuel themselves at all when using 90 degree configuration. Nor they refuel themselves when placed by construction robots (well, drones from Klonan's mod in this case) from ghosts.

4 years ago

Also, regarding AAI fix: hauler consumes unrefined+refined and can't consume special, all other combat vehicles consume refined+special. Miner 1 consumes only unrefined and no refined or special, miner 2 can't consume unrefined, miners 3 and 4 work fine. Fix that so it's consistent: miners 1-4 consume all fuels, utility and combat vehicles consume refined/special.

4 years ago

Thanks for your reports!

Three more things:
1: bob's wood from naphtha is completely broken with creosote and allows generation of tons of resources out of thin air. Honestly, it's completely broken even in normal BobAngel, so I suggest just disabling the naphtha-wood recipe. Seablock already does that.

Yes, this recipe is kind of borken, and is already on this list for my angel addons mod, but I don't want simply deactivate it, I'm searching for a more complex solution with catalysts, etc.

2: PetrochemPlus's rubber slab can only use iron sawblades, not steel ones.

I don't have a compatibility patch for this mod yet. I put it on my list for a future update.

3, the most important one: inserter burner leech works pretty bad. For one, they always prioritize moving actual items instead of refueling themselves, resulting in them getting stuck without fuel all the time. It should be the other way around, first top up fuel inventory, then move items. Also, in, for example, coke production setup, they should prioritize refueling with refined fuel instead of unrefined. So, what they should do: never move items without at least 1 item in fuel slot and always choose refined type of fuel over unrefined one to refuel both themselves and target dropoff.

1) I simply can't prioritize the refueling or never move items without at least 1 item in fuel slot. :(

2) refined type of fuel over unrefined is an other problem I'm looking into this, and test somthing, but I cant promise anything, because this function can be too expensive to process.

Then, with bob's adjustable inserters, they sometimes never refuel themselves at all when using 90 degree configuration.

Mhh that should be fixed with version 0.18.12 of my Library, if you have the latest version can you please type /inserter rescan in the console? this command sould refresh some internals of my mod, if the inserter was placed before update 0.18.12

Nor they refuel themselves when placed by construction robots (well, drones from Klonan's mod in this case) from ghosts.

I'm looking into this, I have an idea to force an on placement refueling.

Also, regarding AAI fix: hauler consumes unrefined+refined and can't consume special, all other combat vehicles consume refined+special.

1) $&$/="$)= ... -.- I had fixed it, I forget a damn checkbox for this file, is fixed in the next version!

Miner 1 consumes only unrefined and no refined or special, miner 2 can't consume unrefined, miners 3 and 4 work fine. Fix that so it's consistent: miners 1-4 consume all fuels, utility and combat vehicles consume refined/special.

Work as intended:
Miner 1 -> unrefined
Miner 2 -> refined + special
Miner 3 -> batteries
Miner 4 -> batteries
Miner 5 -> Uranium fuel rods

Without my Nuclear and Energy Addon Miner 2-5 take all refined/special

And you are right I should remove the unrefined fuel from all combat vehicles and force them to refined/special.

4 years ago

The issue with inserter is that when taking items from high volume production like iron sticks, it chokes and dies 100% of the time. Putting two inserters together doesn't help. The only two solutions are dedicated inserters chain feeding inserters or input lane being half fuel (the latter doesn't even work for output inserters). Both of which kinda defeat the purpose of your library tools. I really like the idea of your power mod, so I'd like to spend some time in burner age scaling production, not do a mad rush for electricity. Industrial Revolution also has burner leech (but no chain inserting from building to building or leeching from dropoff location), so maybe look into Deadlock's code to see what he did to prioritize inserters refueling over moving items.

As a side note, electric greenhouse is disabled with BobAngel active. Is this intentional?

4 years ago
(updated 4 years ago)

As a side note, electric greenhouse is disabled with BobAngel active. Is this intentional?

Yes, if you have installed bobs greenhouse or angel bioprocessing the electric greenhouse and my wood production III is disabled.

4 years ago
(updated 4 years ago)

Some other bugs I've found: line 204 in Coal&Steam's \prototypes\integrations\recipes is commented, so AAI electronic circuit recipe isn't updated properly.
With Bob's inserters but without Bob's logistics, red electric inserter still exists, but can't be crafted because you disallow long burner inserter together with it. I believe Bob just removed red inserter completely and buffed yellow one to 432 swing speed if his logistics are installed, so maybe do the same.

4 years ago

I'm looking into this, do you use latest Factorio 0.18.x or 0.17.x?

New response