Alien Loot Economy

Biters now drop alien ore, which can be smelted into alien metal, which is the ingredient for alien items that are better than their vanilla counterparts. Also introduces Hyper-Modules which level up after killing a lot of Biters. The mod is compatible with Bobs Enemies, Rampant and Natural Evolution Enemies.

Content
a month ago
0.16 - 1.1
Enemies

b Lag in Multiplayer on Hypermodule levelup

4 years ago
(updated 4 years ago)

Hey there,

not sure if this has been reported, but I haven't found anything yet so far:
We (that is me and a friend) are playing on a rather large file (~350h in) with some minor mods, including some bobs, mainly for adding higher tiers and more stuff to upgrade. (Assembler mk6 <3)
And while looking for mods that would sort of make our late game a bit more interesting and satisfying to use our nuclear arsenal, we stumbled upon this mod.
And the concept itself is pretty neat and has a lot of potential but we noticed the game lags severely when we level up, which currently happens pretty fast since we are already in late game and can kill biters quite fast.

So whenever we reach a higher level the game will freeze briefly on my computer (host) then play the level up sound and while that goes my friend gets a "server not responding message" which goes on for a few more seconds (probably due to the client catching up to the host again) and then they get the sound and have severe FPS issues for 10-15s before everything is normal again.

I would think this is because we have a lot of assemblers, furnaces and other stuff like beacons that can and have modules in them which all get updated/checked when that levelup happens. So while this is nothing gamebreaking and will take longer and longer to happen, I thought this might be worth looking into and maybe fixing. But it might be unfixable due to the nature of the mod and way its implemented.

Thanks and have a nice day!

EDIT:
This does happen in SP too, just less annoying since there's no client that has to catch up with the server

4 years ago

I should have a fix for this. But mod author/maintainer has not been around to implement with me. If you're interested I can post it as a diff mod.

4 years ago

Yes it is knonw, i had unhotts changes in the mod but that was being problematic so i reverted to the old state, Bear in mind that this is only on levelup and for a few seconds, so nothing too bad.