Alien Loot Economy

Biters now drop alien ore, which can be smelted into alien metal, which is the ingredient for alien items that are better than their vanilla counterparts. Also introduces Hyper-Modules which level up after killing a lot of Biters. The mod is compatible with Bobs Enemies, Rampant and Natural Evolution Enemies.

Content
a month ago
0.16 - 1.1
Enemies

i Nerf Modules

5 years ago

Would it be possible to lower modules efficiency so max lvl of module is weaker then bobs first level module? And add it as hardcore or sth like that?

5 years ago

^isn't the first level module essentially vanilla's module 3? doesn't make a whole lot of sense to make it that nerfed. the double-energy cost is sufficient enough.

5 years ago

(plus you have to kill a ton o' biters to get the lvl 100 module)

5 years ago

I was wondering if hyper modules are OP, imho they are somewhat OP because they add so much productivity at higher levels (4 * lvl 30 is 120% produkctivity). In order to get some community feedback on this i created a poll:
https://www.strawpoll.me/17297927
Thanks for participating, i will look at the results at the end of February

5 years ago
(updated 5 years ago)

imo they should give max 10% productivity and 50% speed at 100 lvl, how can i change it in files so they would work like that ? Or make modules destroy themselves after some time.

5 years ago

Changing to 10% at level 100, requires fractional results, which factorio doesn't handle natively

5 years ago

Hyper Modules are fine. Several games played and I never really get to see higher than lv 40ish. Sheer volume of murder that goes into getting the resources for them balances them out imo.

Personally, I think the mod needs more alien tech, and an Alien Module VI.

5 years ago

What do you mean by alien tech?

5 years ago

You have an alien version of solar panels, accumulators, drills, bullets, and solid fuel. I'd love to see more of that, like Furnaces and Assemblers. Perhaps a weapon or two.

5 years ago

Alien worm turret? Armor? Biter farm? (Allied biters dropping more ore as they fight nearby enemy biters?)

5 years ago

Sounds interesting. What did you have in mind for those?

5 years ago

Something you can place down on your walls that becomes an allied worm, with the acid spitting action, and self-healing between fights.

Armor as in wearable? Hrm, no... power armor is just better. Armor as in tanks... well! How about a vehicle that looks like a huge biter with a saddle on it that you can enter/climb aboard?

Biter farm would look like a spawner, and could be fed alien ore like a factory to spawn allied small biters. When they die in combat, the dropped ore can be fed back in to make more biters.

5 years ago

imho they are somewhat OP because they add so much productivity at higher levels (4 * lvl 30 is 120% produkctivity).
In order to get some community feedback on this i created a poll: https://www.strawpoll.me/17297927

IMHO, the poll is missing one important option ...

i just finished a map with your mod, taking my time and playing very slowly at first, taking hours and days to get up to level 30-40 of modules, but sooner or later the aliens would help me to level up just by attacking the walls of my factory, even without biter farms. then i did the whole endgame with insanely OP setups, eg having only 2 or 3 vanilla assemblers (with your modules) for doing purple and yellow science at 200++ spm, and my rocket was built akmost in a matter of minutes. also making more than two full blue belts of plates from less than one belt of ore, only needing 3 smelters to handle a lane of compressed blue belts, or crafting 2 or 3 final items (not intermediates) at a time (progress bar advancing faster than the normal production) by doing normal crafts is very OP.

thus is see the biggest problem not (at least not directly) in the amount of bonus, but that i get the bonus for everything, including final products and not only on the intermediate products (eg i made 3 or 4 rocket silos and got 6 or 7). thus i don't want to vote for any of the current options that all are for nerfing one or more abilities of the modules (speed, productivity, etc), but for a mod setting that disables productivity for final products (just like vanilla), either completely disabling the alien modules for those recipes, or (preferably) only disabling the productivity component of their bonus when applied to those recipes of final products.

i didn't experience higher levels than that or what happens when i actively would kill biters (eg in biter farms), but then maybe also more features might be OP, but very difficult to balance. in general, i enjoyed the mod a lot, having to adjust all the time for ratios that change over time.

5 years ago

I do agree with Anson_AKB. Possibility to put alien modules in final products assemblers with full effect makes game much easier despite increased pollution. These modules could be nice enough on intermediate products.

5 years ago

Love the ideas on alien tech.

Also, maybe there should be an option to make the hyper modules only usable on Intermediate products. Personally, I don't see what the big deal is. I like them the way they are now.

5 years ago

Any approach has drawbacks to it, some of them quite major.
I'd say the best approach wouldn't be to change the bonus, but to increase the cost of the recipe, increase the number of kills (both of which have been done if i recall), and possibly lower the rate at which loots are dropped.

you can slow the processing of the recipes in the assemblers to force larger builds to handle huge loot farms, costing much more electricity, but i find that's more a source of annoyances rather than a balancing method.

Bob's modules adds a tier 8 raw productivity module that, i think either adds 40% or 80% (haven't played it in awhile) productivity with no energy or pollution or speed penalty. And it takes a LONG time to get the hyper modules to level 40 for the same productivity amount, but those cost a lot of extra in pollution and energy.

Taking into account the fact that they upgrade automatically, if the player builds a biter farm and is not properly managing their power production, "abuse" of modules can quickly cause major problems for the player lol.

I think sensenmann has done a pretty good job of balancing the (i-believe-intentional)-OP-awesomeness) , cost, and considerations the player must judge to using the modules and how they manage the increasing-cost of their use.

4 years ago

Yeah 20 plates * level is expensive but worth, even end game. early game it just means spend all loot into modules asap
Love the mod, great addition, I will probably use it every map

4 years ago

Or you could be a cheaty bastard (sort of). I found a duplication method, but it requires another mod and takes time and set up. Useful though if you are using mods that provide a method to control pollution and thus limit or eliminate attacks.

4 years ago

I just love farming the ore hahaha! it's been fun relying on extreme expense to get this done!