Alien Loot Economy

Biters now drop alien ore, which can be smelted into alien metal, which is the ingredient for alien items that are better than their vanilla counterparts. Also introduces Hyper-Modules which level up after killing a lot of Biters. The mod is compatible with Bobs Enemies, Rampant and Natural Evolution Enemies.

Content
a month ago
0.16 - 1.1
Enemies

g "on_configuration_changed" module-recipe exploit.

5 years ago

I've noticed during play testing with different mods that on occasion the recipe for the super-awesome-sauce-module, what i call it, will occasionally revert to the level-1 recipe. I think this is due to "on_configuration_changed" event being run if a mod-update or mod-list/config change occurs (even if not tied directly to ALE). Thus, removing a non-content mod and re-adding it resets recipe, temporarily to the level-1 recipe. this may be able to be fixed with a change in logic or not, idk. (hyper-module level isn't affected on re-loading save, but the recipe reverts back to level-1 version. But it also correctly updates to the next level when the player kills enough enemies to increase the module level again.

5 years ago

Thanks for reporting, i will look into it.

5 years ago
(updated 5 years ago)

The mod now checks every 10 seconds if an inappropriate recipe is active and removes it.

5 years ago

In the attempt to fix this, that recipe is lost until you level up.

Changing any other mod removes all Hyper Mods. So you can no longer make level 1 or your current level (as before the fix). When your level actually does level up THEN the correct level Hyper Mod shows up. At lower levels it's not hard to level up the mod in kills. But at higher levels it could take a very long time. So you are unable to create any Modules until you gain your next level.

I waited for quite a bit and the recipe never showed back up thinking it may show back up in 10 secs. It didn't. On that note, assemblers with your current Hyper Module recipe already selected stays. It will continue to work. But you are unable to change the recipe til you level up next. Also, on the far end, what would happen if this happens at super endgame. If the mod is Level 100, there wouldn't be any additional levels for it to level up and I wonder if the recipe will be lost.

5 years ago

i have released version 0.5.0 containing a refactoring of the update logic, please test if this fixes the issue