Alien Loot Economy

Biters now drop alien ore, which can be smelted into alien metal, which is the ingredient for alien items that are better than their vanilla counterparts. Also introduces Hyper-Modules which level up after killing a lot of Biters. The mod is compatible with Bobs Enemies, Rampant and Natural Evolution Enemies.

Content
a month ago
0.16 - 1.1
Enemies

g Compatible?

5 years ago

So, is this mod compatible with other mods that create new kinds of enemies, do those things also drop alien ore? I'm hesitant to install any of such mods, thinking I might be able to loot less ore.. at least body count for alien hypermodule should grow up faster that way, right?

5 years ago

Yes at the moment the only other compatible mod is bobs enemies, the alien ore only drops on vanilla enemies. To make other mods compatible one would need to know which mods and what the enemies are called in these mods, then it should be possible to add support for enemy mods. the killcount will increase in any circumstance since the kill event is globally the same.

5 years ago

I made the mod compatible with NAtural Evolution Enemies, those enemies will now also drop ore, have fun

5 years ago

I also made mod compatible with Rampant mod, Rampant enemies now also drop alien ore loot.

5 years ago

Cool mod. i was trying to use it with Darkstar Utilities (low spec), and biters were only dropping alien biomass, but not alien ore. i don't know enough about the way loot works to make it drop both myself. would it be feasible for you to look into it or make it so alien ore can be made from Alien Biomass? thanks :)

5 years ago

I'm having a similar issue using this mod at the same time as Dark Star. Confusingly, I am occasionally getting alien ore, but I think it is just from worms. Compatibility with Darkstar would be much appreciated!

5 years ago

After having looked at the sourcecode of Darkstar Utilities i came to the conclusion that Darkstar somehow breaks loot for vanilla enemies and that this problem should be fixed by Darkstar and not this mod. Please contact the Darkstar Utilites mod creator.

5 years ago

it should be a non-issue since in proper DS he's already removed the biomass as a direct drop from biters, but nekomancer just refuses to update the low spec version, which is the only version playable without a "good" computer. oh well. thanks for having a look at it, anyway.