Alien Biomes

A collection of additional biomes: Snow, Volcanic, Crater, various colors of Dirt, Sand and Grass. Includes new tree and decorative variants. There are planet controls in the mod options. V3 is a complete rebuild, starting a new map is advised, but there is a terrain regeneration option that will preserve parts of your base. HR Terrain Textures are in a separate mod.

Tweaks
1 year, 5 months ago
0.14 - 1.1
Environment

g Can you put your graphics in a different mod?

5 years ago

For as often as you update the code, it's a fair burden to re-download the 100+MB each time. You could solve this by putting the graphics in a library that doesn't need to get updated every time you have a change to make.

5 years ago

I wouldn't mind but there are a lot of people that wouldn't like this. I still get asked to put the hr graphics in the main mod even though it's impossible because of the portal filesize limitation.

5 years ago

When author will wish to do masks instead textures then SR and HR graphics will be present in single mod and whole mod size will be less than 50MB.

5 years ago

Unless factorio changes the way tile graphics work that is not possible.

5 years ago

Is any chance that Factorio developers will hear us with this suggestion?

5 years ago

Since it would impact all other mods/devs it likely won't be changed. It isn't too bad and it means people with lower end machines can skip it.

5 years ago

They might consider allowing 2-layer tile textures. What I really want though, is to be able to change two layers of tint on a per-tile basis, not just per tile type. That way you'd could gradually transition grass colours using noise functions.

5 years ago

That's a great idea, should help deal with both limits on loaded tiles and overall performance and file size by compositing two together. Noise functions between biomes would make transitions prettier!