Alien Biomes

A collection of additional biomes: Snow, Volcanic, Crater, various colors of Dirt, Sand and Grass. Includes new tree and decorative variants. There are planet controls in the mod options. V3 is a complete rebuild, starting a new map is advised, but there is a terrain regeneration option that will preserve parts of your base. HR Terrain Textures are in a separate mod.

Tweaks
1 year, 5 months ago
0.14 - 1.1
Environment

g How to reduce number of tiles?

6 years ago

I would like to use this mod, but it puts me over the 255-tiles-limit. Instead of removing some mods, I'd like to disable some tiles, e.g. everything purple.
I'm comfortable with editing the lua files, but I have some trouble finding the right place to do this. Do you have any advice?

5 years ago

This is a mod options setting now.

5 years ago

If i try to check some tiles in Alien Biomes mod to reduce tiles number (which destroy Asphalt road tiles), then i get an error in Bio Industries :/

5 years ago

What is the error?

5 years ago
(updated 5 years ago)

"Failed to load mods: _ Bio_Industries _/data-updates.lua:149:attempt to index field 'mineral-aubergine-sand-1' (a nil value)
Mods to be disabled:
Bio_Industries"

Note: it gives this error with whatever tiles i disable (dirt/grass/sand)

5 years ago
(updated 5 years ago)

I got the same issue. If I re-enable what Bio Industries crashes on, then it just crashes on the next item I've turned off.

It's a real bummer; I'm so used to playing with Bio Industries now I'm not sure if I want to go back, lol. But it's either that or all my non-vanilla flooring looks like landfill - at least for this save.

It's probably on the Bio Industries side, if my less-than-rudimentary understanding of mods is correct; and that's probably not getting updated until 0.17 comes out, at least.