Alien Biomes

A collection of additional biomes: Snow, Volcanic, Crater, various colors of Dirt, Sand and Grass. Includes new tree and decorative variants. There are planet controls in the mod options. V3 is a complete rebuild, starting a new map is advised, but there is a terrain regeneration option that will preserve parts of your base. HR Terrain Textures are in a separate mod.

Tweaks
1 year, 5 months ago
0.14 - 1.1
Environment

i 'lite' version of this mod possible?

6 years ago

Hi,

Would it be possible to get a 'lite' version of this mod? In particular, something like the older versions of Alien Biomes, with much fewer biomes present?

My computer can't really seem to handle the current version, even with lower quality options. Comparatively, I can run vanilla highres smoothly.

Anyways it would be pretty neat if there was a version with just a few of the more distinct biomes in addition to the vanilla stuff.

Thanks.

6 years ago

Performance issues aside, posila and Rseding91 have very firmly stated they will never ever raise the tile limit, and it's often not practical to use a mod that takes up 155 of the 256 available slots.

A "lite" version, or start-up options to enable biomes/styles selectively (perhaps with a few preset world themes to choose from) truly would be awesome :3

5 years ago

A "lite" version would be great for anyone using lots of mods / older hardware / etc.

5 years ago

There are now mod options to disable biomes you don't want to free up some slots.