Alien Biomes

A collection of additional biomes: Snow, Volcanic, Crater, various colors of Dirt, Sand and Grass. Includes new tree and decorative variants. There are planet controls in the mod options. V3 is a complete rebuild, starting a new map is advised, but there is a terrain regeneration option that will preserve parts of your base. HR Terrain Textures are in a separate mod.

Tweaks
1 year, 5 months ago
0.14 - 1.1
Environment

g Alien Biomes not showing up in the 'Mods'

6 years ago

Started factorio up today, continued my game and get the mod migration message. Everything todo with Alien Biomnes has been removed.
Look into my mods, its not there.
Go onto the mod portal, search the mod, see that its gray not green. So i redownload it.
Tells me its already installed? But why gray.
Restart, its still not in the mods.

I remove all my mods execpt Alien biomes & HD graphics for the mod. Alien biomes base is not being recognised.

Super confused :S

5 years ago

My only guess would be that this was before the 0.3.x versions were released and the mod wasn't compatible yet with Factorio 0.16.x

5 years ago

alien-biomes_0.3.10.zip does not include an info.json, preventing it from being loaded by Factorio.

5 years ago

Actually, 0.3.10 looks to be a totally broken release, with many missing files compared to 0.3.8/9, and 1/3rd the size due to missing graphics files.

5 years ago
(updated 5 years ago)

Yeah, chiming in here with what the above poster said, landfill texture and another one I saw seem to be broke with this release, I'll try and get a screenshot.

Edit: Here, the first image is with 3.8, the second is with the current 3.10
https://imgur.com/a/C8xZ9aX