Alien Biomes

A collection of additional biomes: Snow, Volcanic, Crater, various colors of Dirt, Sand and Grass. Includes new tree and decorative variants. There are planet controls in the mod options. V3 is a complete rebuild, starting a new map is advised, but there is a terrain regeneration option that will preserve parts of your base. HR Terrain Textures are in a separate mod.

Tweaks
1 year, 5 months ago
0.14 - 1.1
Environment

g Huge Frame drops

6 years ago

When playing with alien biomes i am experiencing large Frame drops when zooming out. Game gets unplayable. I have an i7 7700k and 32 gb ram plus gtx 980 ti. So specs shouldn't be an issue. Any ideas?

6 years ago

I have the same issue, though with a much weaker GPU (GTX 760). I get 5 FPS when zoomed out all the way. Without the mod installed I get a full 60.

6 years ago

Without this mod, i have 59-60 FPS, with this - FPS periodicaly drops down to 40-50, and when explore new tiles - i'm get half-second freezes... My processor wery low, but without alien biomes i can't any freezes.

5 years ago

Initially there are UPS drops if you're doing the terrain regeneration becuase so many chunks get regenerated. Problems after that seem to be down to the number of new decoratives added. The latest version uses less decorative textures and uses tinting to get the colour variations but I have not had feedback on whether that fixed the problem (I can't recreate the problem myself).