Alien Biomes

A collection of additional biomes: Snow, Volcanic, Crater, various colors of Dirt, Sand and Grass. Includes new tree and decorative variants. There are planet controls in the mod options. V3 is a complete rebuild, starting a new map is advised, but there is a terrain regeneration option that will preserve parts of your base. HR Terrain Textures are in a separate mod.

Tweaks
1 year, 5 months ago
0.14 - 1.1
Environment

g Vanilla & Alien Biome Edges

6 years ago

Seriously, this has to be one of the best mods out there. I do see people talking about it here and there online, but I think this deserves more attention in the Factorio community. I downloaded this mod yesterday, and I was taken aback by how it makes the look & feel of the game so much more dynamic, I love it!!!

I'd like to start a new map with this mod at some point in the future, but I'm sticking with using it on my current save. Earendel, do you know of a way to apply a more natural transition between the vanilla and the alien biomes? The alien biomes start appearing flat with hard edges starting from the edge of the undiscovered area of the map. What would you believe to be a possible solution other than just restarting the game with this mod from the start.

6 years ago

"Seriously, this has to be one of the best mods out there. I do see people talking about it here and there online, but I think this deserves more attention in the Factorio community. I downloaded this mod yesterday, and I was taken aback by how it makes the look & feel of the game so much more dynamic, I love it!!!"

Agree 100%

5 years ago

The mod now has an option regenerate the terrain around your base so there are no hard edges. Don't overwrite your old save just in case.