AAI Programmable Vehicles

Makes vehicles act like RTS units. Control them using a remote control handset, or program them with circuit conditions and zones. Can be used for base enemy base assault, patrols, friendly base navigation, vehicle-based mining, and more advanced applications. Works with vanilla and modded vehicles. Visit the mod portal page for a full feature list or the forums for tutorials.

Content
4 months ago
0.14 - 1.1
Transportation Logistics Circuit network

i setting manual paths

5 years ago

whats the deal with setting manual paths? i tried to keep it simple and have a basic A to B destination system with a hauler going to a depot then a miner then back to the depot so i could simply zone new area's with ores with absolutely minimal setup between zoning new area's but theres no pathfinding ai? it simply tries to drive directly to it ignoring literally anything inbetween such as trees, stones and bases so i have to manually lay out paths along the whole way to avoid things then have to set waypoints for it to return which is... less than ideal shall we say. I assume this is either intentional for some odd reason or the feature cannot be implemented? anyway if this is intentional could you possibly add an option under the path settings to enable point to point pathfinding rather direct travel? the worst part is when a train hits the vehicle and pushes it into an object then the hauler just sits there driving into a wall it cant get through until i realize theres a problem and reset it... if this is simply an oversight would you mind possibly looking into implementing some form of pathfinding between points on set paths? would be greatly appreciated. also i thought you should know your mod is actually amazing, with a few more simplified options for automation it would be absolutely perfect and i want to thank you for creating such a great mod.