AAI Programmable Vehicles

Makes vehicles act like RTS units. Control them using a remote control handset, or program them with circuit conditions and zones. Can be used for base enemy base assault, patrols, friendly base navigation, vehicle-based mining, and more advanced applications. Works with vanilla and modded vehicles. Visit the mod portal page for a full feature list or the forums for tutorials.

Content
4 months ago
0.14 - 1.1
Transportation Logistics Circuit network

g construct interrupted by enemy forces

5 years ago

I cant build by Biter Base the Game say construct interrupted by enemy forces

5 years ago

Yes, it's to prevent turret creep exploits. You can use vehicles to clear out enemy bases.

5 years ago
(updated 5 years ago)

Turret creep exploits what is this??
eh the Enemy base is to Big and too heavy for Vehicles
They are immediately destroyed as soon as I get close
I have a prototype Artillery for destroy Spawner only I can not use it because I can not build it because of the interrupted
Then I have to remove AAI Programmable Vehicles again to use the artillery

5 years ago

Are you saying that the enemy build interruption radius is longer than your artillery range?

5 years ago
(updated 5 years ago)

Yes this is a prototype Artillery and have a Range from 90
The Prototype artillery comes with the T3 bottles at some point
And thanks to Bob's Enemy and Natural Evolution Enemy, the nests are very heavy in a Biting Evolution of 89%
Since you can not drive in quite so easy times with vehicles
I can make a Screenshot from the Biter nest
What is the Turret creep exploit?

Google Translate

5 years ago

Range from the Prototype Artillery: http://prntscr.com/kyh0cz

Enemy Base: http://prntscr.com/kyh1wp

There are even worse and big nests and they are even sometimes full of big worms.
I tried to attack with the Chingunner nests but as soon as I drive over the moat and attack I am also fast dead because there are too many

5 years ago
(updated 5 years ago)

I deleted this at the very bottom because somehow, even though I pressed Edit, I had posted it again so there is only one point so what is here in this window
And I can not delete it

5 years ago

Push

5 years ago

At least you could've made it optional. This mod is great because it makes the game feel like an rts but at the same time fucks up your defence options. If you can please make it optional.

5 years ago

The problem you're having is because of other mods you've installed. If you're made enemies too powerful relative to your offensive options then either make the enemies closer to vanilla difficulty or add more mods that give you more powerful weapons and/or vehicles. The construction limits are there for good reason and won't be removed.

5 years ago
(updated 5 years ago)

As mentioned before call me the exploit should be fixed with the limit

Then I'll just go back to the old version and if the mod does not work then I'll modify it to make it work again
I can not constantly constantly overturn all my other mods because of a mod
Why did you have then when I had reported in the V15 the same before the construction limit of the V15 removed if you absolutely want to have it in there? I do not understand that
Why should my mods be to blame?
Everyone can decide for themselves what they want and what they want to use for mods
I'm just totally outnumbered because I can not attack any more nests until I've explored the Endgame Artillery
If I can not use the mods I want I can play Vanilla right away
n any case, this limit has the balance that I had completely changed

As said above, I will downgrade to the old version and if it is incompatible will work until it runs again
How good that I did a backup of the old version

5 years ago
(updated 5 years ago)

This doesnt even affect just your mods darknova it also affects custom maps like labyrinth where you explore the map chunk by chunk and at times you have to place turrets down just to be able to advance

to earendel
If you think that turret creep is an exploit then make it a feature of an individual mod or as a checkbox as part of this mod

it makes no sense that a mod centered around programmable vehicles should go around and introduce a radius around biter nests that you cant build around it would make sense as a separate mod or as a check box feature but not as a "hey you want to have automated vehicles do cool stuff well you can but now you cant place buildings near biter spawners"

it really makes no sense so please if you are set in stone with it not being removed because you consider it an exploit(others consider it part of the factorio experience) then make it a tickbox feature to turn off and is on by default

as for now myself i guess il go in find the code and get rid of it as it ruins a few custom maps

darknove if you want to change it or disable it unzip aai programmable vehicles then go to control.lua open it up in any text editor find the line local construction_denial_range = 50 and chance it to 1 or any other number you want that should do for now

5 years ago

Yeah, this should really be an option.

5 years ago

What kind of drugs are you on earandel? What the fuck does programmable vehicles have to do with turret creep? Your grabage mod has gone straight into the bin where it belongs as a result.

5 years ago

Ist this the Turret Creep What they meant??
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VoAjprz-pfw

5 years ago

that and placing gun turrets rapidly all over the place and then quick filling them with ammo while you try to destroy the bases with your weapons while the turrets keep the biters away

5 years ago

This is not a Exploit lol xD

5 years ago

darknove if you want to change it or disable it unzip aai programmable vehicles then go to control.lua open it up in any text editor find the line local construction_denial_range = 50 and chance it to 1 or any other number you want that should do for now

Thanks!
It was really surprising to not see a toggle for this in the in game menu

5 years ago

So, biters aren't the only bugs that have been cropping up with the whole "Construction Interrupted" thing caused by this mod. Placing turrets within a non-valid range of an enemy seems to have an occasional chance of... Spawning an enemy?

https://streamable.com/1522w

Err... What's going on?

5 years ago

Placing turrets within a non-valid range of an enemy seems to have an occasional chance of... Spawning an enemy?

I had this too, I didn't understand what was going on. I thought it was a bug with the landfill mod I was using.

5 years ago

Please make this optional, it is obviously beyond the scope of a mod that advertises that it provides programmable vehicles. It you called it a combat balance mod it would be different, but you don't know what combat balance is for any player because you don't know what mods they are using. Perhaps being a modder you are also a coder. If so you probably have heard of the concepts of separation of concerns, and composability. These are highly desirable features for a mod to exhibit as well.

5 years ago

I feel that this should at least be an optional feature. I also strongly disagree that turret creeping is somehow an 'exploit'. Regardless, this makes it impossible to undertake any strategy that involves building near biters. That's ridiculous IMO. It's also a (basically) undocumented feature in a mod where most people would never expect it. That's particularly frustrating because it wasn't even immediately clear which mod was causing the problem, which lead to time spent troubleshooting. Trying to build in a restricted area (no indication of which area is permitted) also sometimes spawns biters?! WHAT?! Really, why is this a thing at all? Why change an underlying game mechanic in a mod that sells itself as adding some nifty new vehicle options? Anyhow, the rest of the mod is pretty good but this means that I won't consider using it unless this feature is made optional.

5 years ago

control.lua:2882
local function struct_construction_denial(entity, event)

this is the function causing this. two options exist: modify with tie in to modsetting or toggled keybind to enable/disable feature, or comment out code entirely, check for any references to it as well.

5 years ago
(updated 5 years ago)

what irked me the most was there was nothing that indicated that this mod was the one causing this "feature"/"event" to occur. I knew what the vanilla behaviour was and so i knew it was something added by a mod but took several reboots (with different mod selections) to trace what was causing it as nothing in mod settings indicated anything of the sort of behaviour. this needs to be tied to a configured setting. By all means have the "construction denial" as default. but also suggest adding to the gui print screen "AAI Vehicles:...construction denied...[blahblah]" so it is clear to players what mod is causing it.

5 years ago

This is the greatest mod sinced slice bread. Thank you, freakin amazing. This will make it into final game I bet, brings everything you hope fore even mid game. 1,000x better than turret creeping, and totally makes sense to ban it with this intead. Thanks!

5 years ago
(updated 5 years ago)

i have installed the programmable vehicles to do some automatic mining and suddenly could no longer protect my walls by adding belts in front of them ("denied near enemies"). this is also important if i want to build a biter farm (need to build weapons and walls near enough to enemies so that they attack quite often, and also belts to harvest the alien drops from that area. i understand that someone might wish to force people using automated tanks instead of doing turret creep, but since that also changes lots of other variants for other gameplay styles, it should be either a separate mod or at least have a mod setting to turn it off.
this situation even gets worse when i try to protect the walls by placing a wide stripe of belts (there is no indication of the range of this limitation and also no warning when i place a blueprint), and instead of getting additional protection from belts that are placed by my bots, suddenly lots of biters are spawned and attack when the bots do their work (is that intended or a bug?)

besides the above, i have to support usafphoenix in his wish that the messages clearly show which mod denies building. this is even more important on a mod like this since i never would have expected that automating mining vehicles can disable to build belts. i was already searching for the culprit for hours until i found this discussion by pure luck.

in addition to these problems, i just hit a bug that crashes the game when changing the AI status of cars (for details see my separate bug report). with all these problems (and the relatively high time investment in setting up AAI logic and the burden on UPS for bigger setups) I'll have to stop using AAI in favor of building belts where i want and need them, and using several other mods :-(

5 years ago
(updated 5 years ago)

What an idiotic thing to add to this mod, let alone not allow a toggle for. Anyone who wants this "feature" off can go into their mods folder, extract the zip as a folder and delete the zip, open control.lua in a text editor and change (line 28) construction_denial_range = 50 to construction_denial_range = 1 and save it

Total insanity that the response is "you added mods that are too hard, so you have to add some OP other vehicle mods besides mine to work around my pointless out-of-scope feature; because I refuse to add an options slider for a number that already exists in code. get over it.".

I can't even get in SMG range without being swarmed, and can't put any defenses close enough to keep the swarm at bay while I kill nests. If you want to implement some anti-turret-cheese feature, override nests with resistance to turrets; and maybe enemies with turret resistance while near nests. Not this garbage where you literally can't build for no rational reason..

5 years ago
(updated 5 years ago)

By the way, your mod conflicts with pavement drive assist anyway, so I've ended up removing this.

5 years ago

By the way, your mod conflicts with pavement drive assist anyway, so I've ended up removing this.

although ist seems to clearly be the fault of PDA (which wasn't updated for 11 months even after a fix had been suggested 7 months ago; see other thread), it is a conflict nonetheless, and adds to the frustration about other problems :-(

5 years ago

Just needs to be set up to be configurable. Don't see why it wasn't done originally

5 years ago

This SHOULD be a Config option. A Mod should NOT change non Modded parts of the game, not without a config option.

5 years ago

@Anson_AKB, the other crash you mention is probably being caused by pavement drive assist mod

5 years ago

@Anson_AKB, the other crash you mention is probably being caused by pavement drive assist mod

yes, that is exactly what i wrote a week ago a few messages above. someone posted a fix for it 7 months ago, but PDA was not updated for 11 months. it probably is no longer maintained at all?
and thus we can't simply wait until PDA is fixed, but we have to either modify that mod ourselves, or stop using that mod or this mod. it would be too bad having to disable any of the two, but that "denied" problem does not tip the balance in favor of this mod :-(

btw: what is the distance of biters that expand their area? when they expand and then attack my factory, would i still be able to rebuild walls and belts? or would it be possible that biters do some kind of non-turret creep on me, slowly pushing me back since i can't rebuild what they destroy ?

5 years ago

Ultimately, you just need to edit a file and change a value, and this is no longer a problem. Which is why it should be a config option.

5 years ago

with this, and expansion turned on, it is actually possible for biters to "biter creep" the player.

5 years ago
(updated 5 years ago)

with this, and expansion turned on, it is actually possible for biters to "biter creep" the player.

not only possible, but happened to me yesterday. level 16+ explosive biters were attacking my walls and the protective belts all the time, and my brave bots always repaired and rebuilt walls and belts until the biter's town grew (not even a new town, but only a new nest or a new worm) and thus instead of repairing the walls and belts, my bots caused to spawn even more biters by trying to place walls and belts in a "now restricted" area. biters entered through that gap and took down a triple layer of lasers behind the wall (first only by exploding and eating the walls, then by their sheer masses which caused a brownout) which of course i couldn't repair and rebuild either. it took several hours for me to destroy parts of my own factory to get space for building new protective walls with 3-5 layers of lasers and normal turrets to stop them, and then half an hour each to kill nests and worms. I also had to fill more than half of the whole area of my factory with solar panels and accus to produce enough power (factory itself uses 100-200 MW depending on research, lasers now use peaks of 400+ MW, and without uranium in range, power is quite limited)

thus "biter/worm creep" is not only a possibility, but a real option for them now, while i am not even allowed to replace destroyed items. and all of this only because i wanted to use the tile scanner as some kind of advanced radar (to find ore and check for enemies), and some automated miners at the other side of my factory. next time, I'll try using the AAI battle units to try doing some kind of creep with them (manually, not automated since implementing strategies is too complicated and costs too much UPS; a wave of biters currently drops my UPS from 50-60 to values around 8-15). or should i use the overpowered vanilla artillery which simply can destroy everything from a long distance?

i think that players who use this mod to create automation mostly play rather on the peaceful side and have fun doing that, instead of mass-killing biter nests. with this limitation, they now are forced to eliminate biters (even on peaceful mode? i didn't try this yet) with artillery (or any other means like ion cannons, etc) just to build a train track next to biter towns.

is all this really intended by the author, just to keep me from doing turret creep ? and is doing "artillery creep" (or researching endless range for artillery; i have a few rocket launch sites) better than doing "turret creep" ???

or will the next version of this mod also disable artillery to avoid players doing such an "artillery creep" ?
this reminds me on the controversy when the devs removed some options because someone didn't like a certain playstyle and tried to force that onto the players too.

5 years ago

I love the build exclusion zones! When i first encountered it, I was surprised and didn't realize which mod was preventing me from doing my usual 'lay down 20 turrets to dissolve that pesky spawner cluster' tactic. But the game really needed this! I was forced to do an actual assault on those spawners.

Been having the most amazing battles with AAI vehicles! You turned Factorio into a hybrid RTS game!

5 years ago

Sarxis wrote: I love the build exclusion zones!

as a separate mod: YES !!!
as a mod option: YES !!!

but as a feature of AAI that is forced down the throat of all people who want to use AAI: absolutely NO !!!

5 years ago
(updated 5 years ago)

You're dumb as hell, and arrogant, too.
Do you want to prevent turret creep? Then don't let turrets to be placed in ranged, not EVERYTHING.
I can't even place a fucking tube in my base because enemies are near.
This is ridiculous.