AAI Programmable Vehicles

Makes vehicles act like RTS units. Control them using a remote control handset, or program them with circuit conditions and zones. Can be used for base enemy base assault, patrols, friendly base navigation, vehicle-based mining, and more advanced applications. Works with vanilla and modded vehicles. Visit the mod portal page for a full feature list or the forums for tutorials.

Content
4 months ago
0.14 - 1.1
Transportation Logistics Circuit network

g Has the UPS hit gotten any better since Nilaus did his big AB+AAI series with these mods?

5 years ago

I remember him having to abandon using AAI vehicles due to the UPS hits when scaling up.

5 years ago

No. A decent machine should be able to run quite a lot of vehicles. The more you add the more the UPS hit so it just doesn't scale up well to hundreds of vehicles in a megabase and probably never will.

5 years ago

thanks for the reply. I had a decent machine in 2013 but now it's 5 years old so I guess I'll wait until I upgrade to 8th gen intel and 3200Mhz DD4 but I try these mods again. Running an AMD FX8350 and 8 GB and DDR3 right now.

5 years ago

The best thing you can do for UPS is only use as many vehicles as you need. Don't try to replace trains with haulers, haulers are good at going to dynamic targets like miners or attack force resupply. Try to resuse the programmable structures for multiple tasks instead of adding new structures. Also the new paths system can be used in place of some other structure-based setups.