AAI Programmable Vehicles

Makes vehicles act like RTS units. Control them using a remote control handset, or program them with circuit conditions and zones. Can be used for base enemy base assault, patrols, friendly base navigation, vehicle-based mining, and more advanced applications. Works with vanilla and modded vehicles. Visit the mod portal page for a full feature list or the forums for tutorials.

Content
5 months ago
0.14 - 1.1
Transportation Logistics Circuit network

b Hauler seems to get lost more

6 years ago

When I logged in to play today and updated to the new version, my hauler setup seemed to start getting lost a lot more than it should. There are no obstructions between my depot and my miner, yet it seems to now go to the miner, and then just kind of wander around it for a while before either I run out of resources and jump in it or it manages to remember where it needs to go. This was working fine for about 15 hours before, so it shouldn't be a problem with my circuit...

6 years ago

The latest version might help with this problem. If not let me know and I'll try to take a look at this issue specifically.

6 years ago
(updated 6 years ago)

Yeah, same here - Hauler pathfinding is fine on short distance trips. But once I need to use the Hauler, as in, belts / rails all the way there would be a waste / hassle, it just... kinda derps out. And pretty hard, might I add.

First, it crashed head on into the wall of the garage, instead of leaving through the generously huge opening. Then, it turned around, and got stuck in that same wall with the now overlapping tail. After deconstructing that piece of wall to dislodge it, it sped out like crazy, nearly running me over, and went into the completely wrong direction for about 2 zoomed out screens of distance, and stopped juuust short of another wall. Every other direction - like, the one it was supposed to go in, for example - were all open field.

I tried to catch up with it, no chance. It would erratically wander off at random. But when the return home signal was issued from base, it worked like a charm - parked more perfect in that garage than I usually manage to, myself. And quick!

Sending it around with the remote control works just as well, too - until I go where it's supposed to go, and try to call it to me with the remote. Same issue there, then. It's too far...

I really like this mod, even if it's outrageously hard to wire some logic into these, they'd be a HUGE help if they were to actually go where I wanted to send them. My whole new savegame has been working up to this point, actually.

A circuit with intermediate "checkpoints", like breadcrumbs, might help. But dear god, I'm glad I managed to wire something up that barely works, with only two destinations.

Halp? Plz.

6 years ago

... huh! I just wanted to deconstruct my logic wiring to reuse the parts and space, and decided to switch it back on again, just for the heck of it.

Guess what - the pathfinding does seem to work now. Do you have to... like... take the Hauler there once, manually, and fill out its memory, let it discover the map or something? Do biters "know" where stuff is when they were there once?

The Hauler's on the third run now. Heading back right now, and the path it takes is smack on course. ... I also put a Miner and Chaingunner (relatively) close to the target checkpoint - between my base and the target. Do these AIs "hop off" each other or something, if within a certain range?