AAI Programmable Vehicles

Makes vehicles act like RTS units. Control them using a remote control handset, or program them with circuit conditions and zones. Can be used for base enemy base assault, patrols, friendly base navigation, vehicle-based mining, and more advanced applications. Works with vanilla and modded vehicles. Visit the mod portal page for a full feature list or the forums for tutorials.

Content
3 months ago
0.14 - 1.1
Transportation Logistics Circuit network

i Vehicle Pathing thoughts.

6 years ago

Don't get me wrong, I understand the reasoning behind the biter AI for vehicles, but what would be nice is being able to have a tool (maybe a variant of the zone stuff) to define a path, directional or not, that the AI tries to snap to. That way, you can have a patrol route set up with less hassle, or define roads in and around your base that the vehicles follow as best they can to their destination.. Kinda like a pseudo-train, complete with setting particular zone markers as 'stations' without needing a massive mess of combinators.

6 years ago

A rail-like system would be good, wouldn't it? You wouldn't actually-actually place something physical, more like the zone planner thingie, but using railway placement behavior. That would solve the distance issues the derpy pathfinder AI has, too. Setting up a string of breadcrumbs with "checkpoints" along its way...

6 years ago
(updated 6 years ago)

I have been looking into using Pavement Drive Assist with aai to make cars follow tile paths when speed is controlled ... the mods arent compatible out of the box, but a few changes make the mods work together https://mods.factorio.com/mods/Arcitos/PavementDriveAssist/discussion/15856

The biter AI and my PDA changes seem to work together to keep the vehicle on the road when the position it is heading is relatively in front of it ... instead of derping around ... so you can just set some waypoints if you have sharper curves for it to change direction.

5 years ago

There's now a path and waypoint system that should help.