Wood to Oil Processing

Adds a couple advanced recipes that allows converting of wood into oil products. Uses all vanilla items & fluids; no custom items or fluids added that need new chains to deal with. Does have some basis in reality. Can optionally be used along side the existing Wood gasification mod.

Content
1 year, 11 months ago
0.17 - 1.1
Fluids Manufacturing

i [will not implement] Tree sap

4 years ago

Can you add something as tree sap as between step?

4 years ago

Maybe a resin and coal, that you get as fractions of wood.

4 years ago

Hi darkfrei, I apologize, but I’m going to have to say “will not implement” on this for a couple reasons.

First and foremost, as per my current understanding of the original mod requester’s intents, adding non-vanilla items and fluids would go out of scope of what they wanted. They had said they wanted something simple to take care of excess wood and when pointed to a few existing mods (that have these intermediary steps, like Wood Gasification), they said they did not want something that produced non-vanilla items that required further processing to deal with.

Second, while I have admittedly not done deep diving research on the real world methods the mod requester linked me to and described, based on my current knowledge, something like tree sap does not appear to be an actual product/by product/intermediary step to these processes. I’ll only add in things that are known or realistically expected to comes from these processes, provided they do not conflict with rule 1, no non-vanilla items & fluids. Coal might be, but I’ll have to look into it.

New response